Posts in topic - sort newest last?

Started by landyvlad, June 29, 2018, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I've just done an upgrade on my test forum from 2.1b3 to 2.1b4.

My threads show the latest post at the top (first post in the thread).
I want it to be chronological, so that the most recent post is the LAST in the thread.

I can't find this setting anywhere, and would appreciate if someone could point me to the right place :)

Thanks. 
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Illori

in your profile -> look and layout Show most recent posts at the top in topic view.

same spot the same setting is in SMF 2.0.

landyvlad

How can I make it a universal setting, which cannot be changed by users?

Or at least a forum default setting?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Illori

same way you would in SMF 2.0, change the settings in themes and layout -> member options.

landyvlad

Please see attachment. I do NOT have the 'show newest posts first' ticked in either screen (guests/new or existing).
And yet as the other attachment shows, that's how it is displaying.

What am I missing?

Arantor

Check your own profile. The defaults are set up as you want but that doesn't mean your own profile is.

landyvlad

No idea how that happened but that's exactly what it was Arantor, thank you.

Shame there's no apparent way to change it and force it across all existing members.
Anyway sorted no. Cheers

Illori

there is and we also gave you directions on how to do that in this topic.

landyvlad

Illori - perhaps a misunderstanding on one of our parts. I know that I can set it so all NEW members have a certain default, but I can't see how EXISTING members can (as a bulk action) have their option forced to 'latest post last' if their profile is currently set 'latest post first' ?

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

landyvlad

Gotcha, thank you.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. :)

Advertisement: