News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

advertising js breaking js for quick reply

Started by drewactual, June 29, 2018, 12:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

I run a heavily modified version of a premium theme on one of my forums.  this particular site pulls a lot of amazon affiliate revenue for its size.  I replaced an ad space i had planted (hard coded) into display.template with one of amazon's 'grid' style 'native' responsive ads... when i do, i lose the function for 'quoting' in the quick reply field. 

this is likely a question more aligned with php and not smf per say, or maybe it's a conflict of some sort with the premium (packs) advanced editor package- but it happens elsewhere too when i intro a js into a page... i thought i'd ask here first..

I use a minified js file with almost all js's coming out of it, those of SMF as well as some other functions.  I did this to be able to 'http2 push' the site.. it had the same issue prior, though, with the conflicting js's (or whatever their issue is)... i offer this before someone who looks discovers it and considers it a cause..

the reason this has value to me to remedy is because when the 'grid' advert is there the 'clicks' and sales at least double... but so does my inbox with people telling me the quote function is broken... i've since removed the 'grid' and replaced it with the small banner until i can figure this out... this site is seasonal, and the season is soon to start... i'd like to have it straightened out before that.

... and another tidbit:  i've even attempted to run the js from an include to another file on the server to clear, but the results are the same. 

does anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

drewactual

Advertisement: