News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Unknown Paid Subscription transaction type

Started by arreferee, July 02, 2018, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arreferee

I'm getting an email with the subject, "Paid Subscription Error Occurred" and the subject line of this thread as the error in the email.  When I looked at my error log, I found the following:

http://www.mysite.com/forum/subscriptions.php
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.
txn_type: subscr_signup
subscr_id: I-4MCGSAXBVLUN
last_name: Johnson
residence_country: FI
mc_currency: USD
item_name: MySite Yearly Subscription
business: [email protected]
amount3: 10.00
recurring: 1
verify_sign: AWc6pbDfnn9UEAto1bib2CTgYN3hA8mi3-54s63UublOKEAURRMrljaG
payer_status: verified
payer_email: [email protected]
first_name: John
receiver_email: [email protected]
payer_id: ULYCATFC5S7H2
reattempt: 1
item_number: 2+745
subscr_date: 13:33:33 Jul 02, 2018 PDT
charset: windows-1252
notify_version: 3.9
period3: 1 Y
mc_amount3: 10.00
ipn_track_id: eef7a8303ccfa

I received an email from Paypal saying I received a payment so I assume it went through.  Any idea what might be causing this error email?

Arantor

It's an SMF bug where 2.0 didn't keep up with changes in how PayPal notifies of a new payment. The key is that the subscription was a signup as far as PayPal was concerned (transaction type subscr_signup) but this is something 2.0 doesn't know what to do it (it expects to see subscr_payment)

Fairly sure this was fixed in 2.1 but never backported to 2.0 for some reason.

arreferee

Quote from: Arantor on July 02, 2018, 04:49:26 PM
It's an SMF bug where 2.0 didn't keep up with changes in how PayPal notifies of a new payment. The key is that the subscription was a signup as far as PayPal was concerned (transaction type subscr_signup) but this is something 2.0 doesn't know what to do it (it expects to see subscr_payment)

Thanks.  I'm using the latest version (2.0.15), but I never moved to 2.1.  I'll just live with it. 

Sir Osis of Liver

PayPal was scheduled to implement security upgrades in June that would require your forum to convert to https.  Payment will be successful, but verification will fail, and you'll have to activate subscriptions manually.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Except that wasn't the problem in this case.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: arreferee on July 02, 2018, 05:13:23 PM

Thanks.  I'm using the latest version (2.0.15), but I never moved to 2.1.  I'll just live with it. 

So, can we call this solved then?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

arreferee

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 14, 2018, 04:38:11 AM
Quote from: arreferee on July 02, 2018, 05:13:23 PM

So, can we call this solved then?

I guess it is solved.  Since it's a bug with SMF 2.0 and there is no resolution at this time, there's nothing to research or fix.

Thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: