News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

"You cannot delete your own topics in this board." -- is a moderate able to?

Started by bginfo, June 25, 2018, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bginfo

Hey everyone. Unfortunately, we didn't consider that every little mention of our business name would appear in the top google search results for our startup. I created a post , and there are no comments/no activity - I mention this, because the reason for wanting to take it down is that genuinely we would just prefer to keep the search results clean in terms of not having forums appear for bitcointalk.

We did remove the company name from the post .. and submitted "feedback" to google (snapshot) and made an outdated page request .. which they have not serviced (weeks).

Is it possible for a moderator to take it down? Or SimpleMachines ... we could escalate this somehow?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Perhaps if the person who made the post in question, would point the post out by reporting it to the moderators, or just by replying to the topic in question and requesting something to be edited out - it could be possible.

Right now, the username you are using has no old posts we could look through, and your request is not very detailed either.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

is the issue on this forum or somewhere else? if it is anywhere else we do not have the power to modify anything, we only control this forum here.

GigaWatt

I think the OP is asking for a certain URL to be deleted from posts from a certain thread here on SMF.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That was my initial interpretation as well, but actually Illori asked a good question. Would not be the first time we are approached with issues we have no control over.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: