News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Lazarus

Started by SychO, July 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Hello,

I like this theme a lot and I started to modify it... first thing to do is to change background color and insert some image.
To do this you have to go to /public_html/Themes/lazarus_2/css/index.min.css

And when I opened the css file index.min.css I was confused when I saw all styles written on a single line.  :-\
Is there any way to change this and styles to be written on multiple separate lines one bellow another?

ps- I uploaded the css file in attachment of this post.

Thanks!  :)

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 07:34:48 AM
Hello,

I like this theme a lot and I started to modify it... first thing to do is to change background color and insert some image.

And when I opened the css file index.min.css I was confused when I saw all styles written on a single line.  :-\
Is there any way to change this and styles to be written on multiple separate lines one bellow another?

If you go to the css folder, you'll find index.min.css the compressed index.css file, so just open index.css and you'll find everything in order

Quote from: Plus on July 14, 2018, 07:30:02 AM
this is my banner

https://www.turkishairforce.org/banner.jpg

Although I really don't recommend this since it'll be bad on mobile and other small devices, but if you really wish to go through with it
replace this file with the one attached "index.template.php"

and in Admin->Configuration->Current Theme add a link to your banner in Logo image URL
And don't turn on news fader :---)

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Plus

we can put mobile detect for banner to text ?

SychO

Quote from: Plus on July 14, 2018, 08:29:30 AM
we can put mobile detect for banner to text ?

Possible but you'd have to change and add quiet a lot of css codes
Checkout My Themes:
-

Plus

My forum Utf-8 and some users report words gone wrong ?
any idea ?=

SychO

Quote from: Plus on July 14, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
any idea ?=

Recover the copyright line you removed from the theme
It's illegal for you to remove that
Checkout My Themes:
-

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on July 14, 2018, 08:17:43 AM
Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 07:34:48 AM
Hello,

If you go to the css folder, you'll find index.min.css the compressed index.css file, so just open index.css and you'll find everything in order

It won't work.  :(
Even when I'm using !important as a rule.
Also it's hard to find classes in index.css because when using Inspect Element it shows the results from index.min.css.

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 10:35:35 AM
It won't work.  :(
Even when I'm using !important as a rule.

That's because index.css isn't loaded, If you want to use index.css instead of index.min.css, open index.template.php go to line 69 where you'll find
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.min.css?fin20" />

remove .min
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />

don't forget to remove any !important rules you added by the way
Checkout My Themes:
-

pocttopus

It works!
Thanks a lot.  ;) :)

pocttopus

Another question...  ::)

I am using background picture which starts from the header and I want to continue to the footer. It's starts from the header.
I had disconnected all background parent colors and yet there is white color displaying. Am I missing something?  :-\

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 12:48:31 PM
Another question...  ::)

I am using background picture which starts from the header and I want to continue to the footer. It's starts from the header.
I had disconnected all background parent colors and yet there is white color displaying. Am I missing something?  :-\

Sorry I don't understand, Show me Instead
Checkout My Themes:
-

pocttopus

The background picture is set into the header.
The body parent background colors are disabled and yet there is white color displayed.

I want the background picture from the header to continue to be displayed down.
https://postimg.cc/image/78r471xk9/

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 01:01:45 PM
The body parent background colors are disabled and yet there is white color displayed.

In that case set the background image to the body, and remove the header's background image

Something like this

header {
    background: transparent;
}header .frame:before {
    background: none;
}body {
    background: #eff1f2 url(../images/banner_free.jpg) no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
}
Checkout My Themes:
-

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on July 14, 2018, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: pocttopus on July 14, 2018, 01:01:45 PM

In that case set the background image to the body, and remove the header's background image

Something like this

header {
    background: transparent;
}header .frame:before {
    background: none;
}body {
    background: #eff1f2 url(../images/banner_free.jpg) no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
}

It works!
Thanks again.  ;)

Plus

Quote from: SychO on July 14, 2018, 08:48:45 AM
Quote from: Plus on July 14, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
any idea ?=

Recover the copyright line you removed from the theme
It's illegal for you to remove that

sorry i have to check we are 2 dev.

SaltedWeb

Love this theme...
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

I want to add a menu item back to a main site as I use SMF for a subforum, but need it on the top somewhere.
Is this easily done on this Theme?
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SychO

Quote from: SaltedWeb on July 15, 2018, 03:33:53 PM
I want to add a menu item back to a main site as I use SMF for a subforum, but need it on the top somewhere.
Is this easily done on this Theme?

Depends, if your menu uses "dropmenu" class than yes, it'd be easy, if not you'd have to write some CSS lines just to make it responsive

You should just test and see for yourself
Checkout My Themes:
-

SaltedWeb

I have another question is there a way to change the blue background to black throughout the theme ?

( reason for asking as this theme matched my WP really close except for the blue.)

Thank You

SychO

Quote from: SaltedWeb on July 15, 2018, 05:53:34 PM
I have another question is there a way to change the blue background to black throughout the theme ?

( reason for asking as this theme matched my WP really close except for the blue.)

Thank You

Sure, just open index.min.css and edit the color
.catbg,.catbg2,tr.catbg td, tr.catbg2 td,tr.catbg th,tr.catbg2 th{color: #fff;font-family: Roboto,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size: 1.1em;font-weight: 700;background: #4683c7;padding: 0 8px;}
would become .catbg,.catbg2,tr.catbg td, tr.catbg2 td,tr.catbg th,tr.catbg2 th{color: #fff;font-family: Roboto,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;font-size: 1.1em;font-weight: 700;background: black;padding: 0 8px;}

Of course there other things colored in blue, just edit the file to change other colors
Checkout My Themes:
-

Advertisement: