News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Lazarus

Started by SychO, July 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaltedWeb

Great .. thank you that will head me in the right direction :-)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

pocttopus

Hi there again...

Avatars in topics are not well in a position... and also "view profile" icon is not displayed.
The icon is there in /Themes/lazarus_2/images/icons/profile_sm.gif but somehow it doesn't displayed.

How can I solve this?
Thanks.  :)

edit: also I am using SmartPortal.

SychO

Quote from: pocttopus on July 19, 2018, 04:00:12 AM
Hi there again...

Avatars in topics are not well in a position... and also "view profile" icon is not displayed.
The icon is there in /Themes/lazarus_2/images/icons/profile_sm.gif but somehow it doesn't displayed.

How can I solve this?
Thanks.  :)

edit: also I am using SmartPortal.

Yea, that's due to simpleportal
open index.css & index.min.css, look for td .avatar change it to td>.avatar

As for the gif image, that's a weird one, try deleting it, and then uploading it(the one I attached)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

pocttopus

Quote from: SychO on July 19, 2018, 04:40:28 AM
Yea, that's due to simpleportal
open index.css & index.min.css, look for td .avatar change it to td>.avatar

As for the gif image, that's a weird one, try deleting it, and then uploading it(the one I attached)

It works!!!
Thanks again... avatars are little bit bigger than expected, but I can change their size through index.css;)
And also icon is working and displayed properly.  :)

pocttopus

I've changed this color style for quick reply because the color is overlapping with textbox color:

.roundframe {
    padding: 0;
    background: #f5f5f5;
}

Changed to:
.roundframe {
    padding: 0;
    background: #d5d2d2;
}

Veee

This theme is amazing, thank you so much for providing it for free to the smf community! :) :) :)

drfun

Please how do get ads in the message index on this theme to display,  I am getting error with ad management mod.
The error is coming from the "if" statement from this code below.
   //Display Ads on the Message index
   if (function_exists("show_underchildren"))
   {
      $ads = show_underchildren();
      if(!empty($ads))
         if($ads['type']==0)
            echo $ads['content'];
         else
            eval($ads['content']);
      unset($ads);
   }

Which I placed just after this code below in the themes/lazarus/messageindex.template.php
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt;
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

Shambles

Quote from: aboveThe error is coming from the "if" statement from this code below.

Give us a clue. What error?

drfun

Quote from: Shambles on July 27, 2018, 05:05:44 AM
Quote from: aboveThe error is coming from the "if" statement from this code below.

Give us a clue. What error?
It's sythex error,  an "if" statement should be escaped with (/)

Shambles

You've probably stuck your code inside an echo statement without regard to the required string syntax. Attach your template file.

drfun

Quote from: Shambles on July 27, 2018, 05:32:45 AM
You've probably stuck your code inside an echo statement without regard to the required string syntax. Attach your template file.
Below is the attached file.

Shambles

Well it would have been better to attach the file, but from your screenprint you need to change

Code (find) Select
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt,

to this

Code (changeto) Select
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $memberContext;

Then remove line 28.

drfun

Quote from: Shambles on July 27, 2018, 10:00:52 AM
Well it would have been better to attach the file, but from your screenprint you need to change

Code (find) Select
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt,

to this

Code (changeto) Select
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $modSettings, $txt, $memberContext;

Then remove line 28.
Thanks bro, it work just fine without removing the line 28. i got the same error when i removed the line 28.
Thanks a lot.

bayonetbrant

I really like this theme, and especially the way it looks on mobile screens.  We're using for the launch of a new forum I'm setting up now.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if there is an ad manager that works well with this theme?  The one I was planning to use is giving me errors when testing the package.

Thanks!

SychO

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 01, 2018, 03:38:32 PM
I really like this theme, and especially the way it looks on mobile screens.  We're using for the launch of a new forum I'm setting up now.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads if there is an ad manager that works well with this theme?  The one I was planning to use is giving me errors when testing the package.

Thanks!

What's the mod and which file changes are giving you errors
Checkout My Themes:
-

bayonetbrant

Quote from: SychO on September 01, 2018, 03:53:25 PM

The mod is  Ad Management mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

See attached image for errors

I've tried 2 other ad packages, and one of them only puts the ads on the homepage and the other just creates text-based ad blocks (no images) and those ad blocks never displayed in the theme anyway, so I turned it back off.
We used to use AdSeller Pro on another site I was managing and it worked great, but I don't have a spare $50 laying around right now so I was trying to do this on the cheap.  :-[

SychO

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 01, 2018, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: SychO on September 01, 2018, 03:53:25 PM

The mod is  Ad Management mod
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

See attached image for errors

I've tried 2 other ad packages, and one of them only puts the ads on the homepage and the other just creates text-based ad blocks (no images) and those ad blocks never displayed in the theme anyway, so I turned it back off.
We used to use AdSeller Pro on another site I was managing and it worked great, but I don't have a spare $50 laying around right now so I was trying to do this on the cheap.  :-[

I see, here's what you can do, attach MessageIndex.template.php & index.template.php files here, I'll make the changes manually, once I attach the changed files, go through with the installation and after that replace the two files on your forum with the ones I gave you

Think you can do that ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

bayonetbrant

Quote from: SychO on July 15, 2018, 03:56:35 PM
I see, here's what you can do, attach MessageIndex.template.php & index.template.php files here, I'll make the changes manually, once I attach the changed files, go through with the installation and after that replace the two files on your forum with the ones I gave you

Think you can do that ?

I can try.  Let me see what I can pull off.  Thanks for being so responsive on this :)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 03, 2018, 11:24:02 AM
Quote from: SychO on July 15, 2018, 03:56:35 PM

Think you can do that ?

I can try.  Let me see what I can pull off.  Thanks for being so responsive on this :)

We're going to end up using the paid ad server we were looking into.  If it becomes a problem, I'll be back! :D

bayonetbrant

this might fall into the category of "dumb question" but I'm wondering about the links in the heading of the forum

Right now, when I click on the banner at the top of the forum, it's linked to the home page of the forum.

Is there a way to either (1) redirect that link to the home page of the overall site, rather than just the forum, or (2) create 2 links so we could link both the forum home and the overall site home?

Thanks.  LOVE this theme and our initial participants are drooling over it - especially the mobile-friendliness of it - compared to our old forum on our old site.

Advertisement: