News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Lazarus

Started by SychO, July 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

I had a bit of a play with the CSS on my beastie. Search gets tricky on small screens due to the size of the inputs. It's doable without much drama down to 320 wide, but catering for 240 is trickier. You can shrink them via CSS, but of course that means long search strings will be truncated visually, even though the input will still accept its normal length of content. Similar problem on some other templates too.

Login should be easy to tweak. Haven't done it yet, but will do later. I just had a quick look and it's mostly a matter of ditching the floats on the dd's and dt's, then setting width to auto. Should be fine down to 240 then.

ETA: Meh. Was so easy I did it now. Ok, first thing to do is find this in the default CSS:

.login
{
width: 540px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Change it to:

.login
{
max-width: 540px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

That one simple change will make it look fine down to around a 400px screen, at least if you're using English. May break on a bit bigger screen in some other languages.

After that you'll need an extra tweak coming in via media query, with the break point chosen to suit your own preferences.

/* Equates to 384px at standard browser settings. */
@media screen and (max-width: 24em) {
.login dt, .login dd {
width: auto;
float: none;
text-align: start;
}
}

That's all it needs. Will be fine down to 240 wide if you use that. :)
I'm throwing this in my next RC.

(If anyone is wondering, text-align: start; is really useful. It sets text alignment back to whatever is native for the language being used, which makes it a much better reset a lot of the time. You could use text-align: left; but start is better, because it gives automatic RTL support. This means there is no need to duplicate the query in rtl.css.)

Biology Forums

Hi Antechinus, did you test this?

I just implemented the changes you suggested, but it's still the same.

Antechinus

Yes, I did test it.

This is for 2.0.x, by the way, not for the 1.1.x your site runs.

ETA: Aha. I should have mentioned the edit was for the default template and CSS. If it has been changed for this theme then the edit wouldn't apply, but from what you said I was under the impression it hadn't been changed from default.

Biology Forums

Lazarus works on 2.x only. I'm using this on my 2.x website. Thanks for trying to help

addlife

Just came to say I still love how this theme looks! By far my favorite!

bayonetbrant

does anyone have a good ad server that they like that works with this theme?

bayonetbrant

is there an easy way to mask the IP addresses in the posts?

Kathryn_

I have a problem I simply cannot figure out....The appearence with the black middle txt wrapper shows only when I log out when I log in its gone... the rest of the forum works great.. How can I repair that?

my site address is:
EBM Clone

Its a sub forum a prctice forum

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kathryn_ on February 01, 2020, 02:25:17 PM
I have a problem I simply cannot figure out....The appearence with the black middle txt wrapper shows only when I log out when I log in its gone... the rest of the forum works great.. How can I repair that?

my site address is:
EBM Clone

Its a sub forum a prctice forum

Header was collapsed, had to change collapse_header in database to fix it for her.  Don't see a collapse/uncollapse widget in this theme, is there supposed to be one?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

radu81

Wow, impressive. You put a lot of work into this template, congrats and thank you for releasing this for free.
I will use it, I did play with css and did some color changes to meet my needs. I cannot wait to see it for the 2.1 version and do the upgrade.

Just one note: the link in the copyright it's not working
sorry for my bad english

Xpresskonami

Am using this Theme for my forum. and i am trying to set the side right bar of a block "position: fixed" (sticky) on a scroll, i did some research via google and i see the #block sidebar comes with jquery have been trying to do the code as found in the tutorial at google but the sidebar position fixed not working. any help or is there any jquery attached to the lazarus theme that will work with the sidebar postion fixed on scrolling

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 22, 2020, 05:48:09 AM
Am using this Theme for my forum. and i am trying to set the side right bar of a block "position: fixed" (sticky) on a scroll, i did some research via google and i see the #block sidebar comes with jquery have been trying to do the code as found in the tutorial at google but the sidebar position fixed not working. any help or is there any jquery attached to the lazarus theme that will work with the sidebar postion fixed on scrolling

RuMag85

Hi all!!
First of all thanks for this theme, it's great.
But I have two problems:
1. Avatars in messages are displaced to the left.
2. When the session is started, at the top of the icons the user's avatar will undo the menu (I have changed the size of the avatars but this does not solve it, it remains shifted to the left).

Any ideas how can I fix it?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 29, 2019, 08:33:02 AM
does anyone have a good ad server that they like that works with this theme?

re-upping this question

master_burn

I've got the same problem as bayonetbrant (see below), i know there is a workaround with grabbing the info by posting a quote but that is lets say not elegant and hard to explain to not tech savvy users.
Is there a plan to implement showing reply titles with klickable and copyable post-urls?

otherwise thanks for the great theme SychO - love it very much :)

can anyone point out to me a best practice to update a theme without losing customisations?
also how do i check which verson of lazarus i'm on?

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 02, 2019, 01:21:22 PM
I fell like this is a dirt-simple question, but I can't figure it out.  I'm looking for where you'd grab a link to a specific post within a thread.

In the basic theme (like this board) you could click on the post title (usually just "Re:Thread Title") and it would give you the URL to the specific message within the thread.
(see attachment)

Where are those links in this theme?  I've tried a few options and can't figure it out and even looked in the admin console and can't find a place to toggle something on/off.

Help?

Thanks!

Xpresskonami

Fav-icons stop working on this theme, how can i fix it

bayonetbrant

any chance that this theme might get an update to be fully compatible with the 2.1.x version of SMF?

bayonetbrant

failing that, anyone got a 2.1.x compatible theme that's similar to this that they really like?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2023, 02:00:30 PMfailing that, anyone got a 2.1.x compatible theme that's similar to this that they really like?
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=themes  Choose the SMF 2.1 option on the toggle list and that will give you a list of all SMF 2.1 compatible themes.
Our lead customizer Diego does have a theme called Name X which is similar and has a variety of color options.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2023, 01:59:09 PMany chance that this theme might get an update to be fully compatible with the 2.1.x version of SMF?
That would be up to the Author who has not been here in a bit.

Advertisement: