News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade to 2.1

Started by Blade~, July 14, 2021, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade~

Hello all .. haven't been here for a while, how safe is 2.1 at this point, can we upgrade from 2.0.18?
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

Shambles

"Safe" ?

Production:  not advised

Testing:  highly advised

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's functional, it's generally safe, it does have known bugs and it isn't really meant for production just yet.
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Blade~

Thank you guys!

Actually we have an old abandoned forum that's not live, sounds like a good candidate to update and join in on the issues collectors' club ..  :)

Running SMF 2.1.4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Blade~

One more question: can I just install the full 2.1 RC4 package without losing the boards or do I need to go with a step by step upgrade if I do want to keep all the posts?

Running SMF 2.1.4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Blade~

Looks good, one time I got a .js error during installation saying the version that was already there was a different version but then displayed the same version number as the one being installed so I just continued and the rest of the installation process went well. After it was done the packages showed not being installed but the package fix patch resolved those as well. The first tests looked all good so far so I'll continue with more in the next few coming days and read the other know issues.

Thank you again for the suggestions and help!

Running SMF 2.1.4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You're welcome, have fun :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: