SMF Support > SMF 1.1.x Support

Deprecated Error - Can't login...

(1/3) > >>

Syc37:
Getting this error when I try to log in...

"Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/raiderf/public_html/raiderforum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3"

Our forum needs to be updated to a newer SMF version, My admin gave me admin privileges to do this for him, but I accidentally logged out and now I cannot login...

Does anyone have any backdoor ways to get me logged back in... I really want to get back in and try to upgrade, before the forum gets totally outdated and unusable for everyone...

Our forum has been running for almost 20 years, would hate to lose it... or start from scratch, we would lose a lot of loyal members, we have some that reappear years later, and its always good to hear from them..

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

Sir Osis of Liver:
You can't upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0 in admin, you need to upload the 2.0.15 upgrade package via ftp or cpanel file manager, and run upgrade.php to upgrade database.  You must backup all files and your database before you attempt the upgrade.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Syc37:

--- Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 06, 2018, 10:12:43 PM ---You can't upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0 in admin, you need to upload the 2.0.15 upgrade package via ftp or cpanel file manager, and run upgrade.php to upgrade database.  You must backup all files and your database before you attempt the upgrade.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

--- End quote ---

Ok, thanks, I am currently locked out, so is there a way I can get back in, so I can inform the admin...  and could you tell me specifically what I would need (permissions, access, etc) him to give me access to?  Thanks...

Syc37:
I'm somewhat computer saavy, It's just been a long time since I've tinkered with these type of forums, and I'm afraid that our admin is totally green on any of this type of stuff... So I offered to help...

So I guess I'm asking, what exactly do I need to tell him to give access to, so I can perform the upgrade...  (like in a way that he would understand, lol)

Sir Osis of Liver:
You need owner access to host control panel.  From your description, sounds like forum is crashed because host upgraded php version.  You may be able to downgrade to earlier version in cpanel, but you need owner access.  There's nothing you can do to login from where you are now, the forum is not working. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version