[Issue] Email out not meeting US/EU requirements.

Started by Yikesfactor, September 17, 2018, 06:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yikesfactor

I was surprised to find there is no way to add a custom message to the bottom of all emails being sent out.

This should be a standard feature, given the US now require a name and postal address on emails being sent out in bulk, and the EU has made changes to ensure people can opt-out easily. (the other side of double opt-in.)

Both an address and opt-out information must be on forum emails these days, and lack of it could be getting emails tagged as spam unnecessarily, and IP addresses of forums being black listed.

I'm not up on legalities, but I suspect SMF 2.0.15, and all before, are now failing US and EU email requirements quite badly.

This is even worse, since only a php programmer can make the changes needed easily. (I dont know any.)

I've not found any mods which do this either.
Version 2.0.15

Used phpBB before, new to SMF.

I know enough to be dangerous.
Breaking things is my specialty.

Mick.

You cant type your address at the bottom of the email when you compose the email in the Newsletter section as HTML? It also sends out the forum URL as well.

Kindred

Ypu can also modify the email templates yourself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Advertisement: