How to access newly created threads

Started by Jimmy-, July 09, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy-

Hello,

As a normal user, how can I access and only see the newly created threads under a board using a direct URL?

For example:
domain.com/index.php?action=unread;board=1.0 shows me all the unread posts, but I would like to see only the latest created threads (sorted by recently created)

Thank you for your help!

GigaWatt

Example: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=561151.0

And you should really upgrade. 1.1 is officially not supported any more.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

I don't think that's what he means.

He wants the messageindex view, but showing the threads sorted by creation date, decending.

However, I don't think it's possible, out of the box...   that information is not exposed and therefore not sortable on the messageindex screen. And there is no url defined which does that sort/display

Not sure if there are any mods that do it, either
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

SMF does not have threads, SMF has topics.

the information the OP has provided does not in anyway show that they are using SMF 1.1.

i am not sure by default you can do what you want. i believe with RSS feeds you can.

Jimmy-

I am using Watch Board when logged in but it's showing all the topics+posts, I would like to see only newly created topics since last visit or sorted by creation date.

Thank you!

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on July 09, 2018, 07:59:21 PM

However, I don't think it's possible, out of the box...   that information is not exposed and therefore not sortable on the messageindex screen. And there is no url defined which does that sort/display

Not sure if there are any mods that do it, either
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jimmy-

Is there an external software or a tool that I can use to extract the required information? RSS has been disabled.

There are hundreds of topics+posts being created daily and I would like to keep track of the newly created topics only --if it's possible at all

Thank you!

Kindred

In short, and to repeat myself a third time.

No.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Try index.php?board=1.0;sort=first_post;desc

Sorting by topic id doesn't have a UI element but it's been around a while.

Kindred

oh wow... I didn't even know about that. lol
Слaва
Украинi

Jimmy-

Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 08:37:26 AM

Thank you Arantor!

Jimmy-

Is it possible to also sort it by most recent new topics created instead of last post?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Jimmy- on July 20, 2018, 12:40:24 PM

Is it possible to also sort it by most recent new topics created instead of last post?
That's exactly what that link should do. The default sorting of topics on a board is last post, and that link should sort them by first post.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Jimmy-

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 20, 2018, 12:42:11 PM
Quote from: Jimmy- on July 20, 2018, 12:40:24 PM

That's exactly what that link should do. The default sorting of topics on a board is last post, and that link should sort them by first post.

Got it, thank you very much! :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you remove the ;desc part, you can also reverse the order. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Desc puts them most recent topics first ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yup, I've known that one for a while. :) It's handy sometimes ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: