News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Undefined errors

Started by arreferee, July 10, 2018, 10:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arreferee

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2018, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: arreferee on July 10, 2018, 02:05:18 PM
Is there an easy way to determine which mod is a 1.1.x?

I've alreayd TOLD you which mod -- there is a comment right in the code!!
Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2018, 12:57:48 PM
Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2018, 11:16:16 AM
looking, I see a comment for... //end modifications for board icons

Uninstall that mod.

You may have THOUGHT you told me which mod it is in, but what you told me didn't mean much to me.  Obviously, I'm no expert with this software.  That's why I came here for help.  If you would like to help, I would appreciate it.

"//end modifications for board icons" means nothing to me.  In my list of mods that have been installed, I see nothing that resembles this.  Here is a list of packages I have installed currently (not including the various SMF packages):

Tapatalk
Simple Audio Video Embedder
MessagePreviewOnHover
6 Custom buttons
Member Notepad
Stop Spammer
Ad Managment

None of these say anything about board icons.  So, I'm not sure which mod to uninstall.

Kindred

Well, according to the code - at some point, you added a board icons modification.

Either you deleted the mod package without uninstalling it, or you did the modifications manually.

Since you have no idea about the mod, loading a fresh set of files and then reloading mods is probably your best bet.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arreferee

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2018, 04:13:14 PM
Well, according to the code - at some point, you added a board icons modification.

Either you deleted the mod package without uninstalling it, or you did the modifications manually.

Since you have no idea about the mod, loading a fresh set of files and then reloading mods is probably your best bet.

Thank you.  Unfortunately, I don't know all of the history of the board so I'm not sure who/when this may have been done.  I'll give this a shot in the next couple of days and hope for the best.

Each individual board has it's own icon.  Will those be lost with a fresh set of files? 

Illori

yes, there are other mods you can install that work with SMF 2.0 that can do the same thing. first lets get the forum working without errors then deal with the mods.

Kindred

yes.  Basically, that is what the mod which is causing your problems does.

in the code you showed, you COULD do just this
replace $txt[333] with $txt['new_posts']
replace $txt[334] with $txt['old_posts']

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arreferee

Quote from: Kindred on July 10, 2018, 04:38:21 PM
yes.  Basically, that is what the mod which is causing your problems does.

in the code you showed, you COULD do just this
replace $txt[333] with $txt['new_posts']
replace $txt[334] with $txt['old_posts']

Quote from: Illori on July 10, 2018, 04:38:04 PM
yes, there are other mods you can install that work with SMF 2.0 that can do the same thing. first lets get the forum working without errors then deal with the mods.

Thank you both.

Kindred

of course, doing those manual edits may leave other things in a bad state as I first warned.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: