SMF Hall Of Fame

Started by SychO, July 10, 2018, 11:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Link to Mod

SMF Hall Of Fame Mod
Compatible with SMF2.0 & SMF2.1
A Hall Of Fame Page Where You can Add Notable Members.
Github Repository

Changelog
  • Version 1.2

• ! Updated to SMF2.1

• + Added option to edit the menu icon
    • + Admin page UI improvements
    • + Default layout improvements
    • + Option to edit the avatar's border radius
    • + Option to fit the avatar's height to its width
    • + Replace file modifications with more hooks
    • ! Code cleanup
  • Version 1.1

• + Added Table Layout (Third Layout)
    • + Added Option to change "Hall Of Fame" Title
    • + Added option to change Avatar Size(member element size)(Grid Layout)
    • ! Switched to Integration hooks
    • ! Page Responsive(As long as the theme used is responsive)
    • ! Improved Admin interface
    • ! Grouped all CSS codes in one file
  • Version 1.0

• ! Mod Creation

Translation
* Spanish Latin Translation By: Rock Lee
* Russian Translation By: digger

License
SMF Hall Of Fame Mod is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. A full copy of this license is included in the package file.

Copyrights
All images and icons Were Created by Paomedia, and are free for use under the Creative Commons (Attribution 3.0 Unported) License
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

-Rock Lee-

Very good indeed was thinking of implementing something similar :D, great job! ... Here I leave the translations to Latin Spanish, as I did not know how to translate "HOF" I leave it the same and leave you the .xml

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.spanish_latin.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[// Version: 2.0; Modifications]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame.
$txt['hof_admin'] = "HOF administraci&oacute;n";
$txt['hof'] = "Sal&oacute;n de la Fama";
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame.
$txt['hof_admin'] = "HOF administración";
$txt['hof'] = "Salón de la Fama";
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.spanish_latin.php" error="skip">
<operation error="ignore">
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame
$txt['whoall_hof'] = 'Viendo el <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=hof">Sal&oacute;n de la Fama</a> Page';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.spanish_latin-utf8.php" error="skip">
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame
$txt['whoall_hof'] = 'Viendo el <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=hof">Salón de la Fama</a> Page';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Anything you tell me and if I find an error I will comment ;D

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Bigguy

SychO

Quote from: Rock Lee on July 10, 2018, 02:33:00 PM
Very good indeed was thinking of implementing something similar :D, great job! ... Here I leave the translations to Latin Spanish, as I did not know how to translate "HOF" I leave it the same and leave you the .xml

Regards!

Thank you Very much Rock Lee  :D, it's great, all been added.
much appreciated.
Checkout My Themes:
-

GigaWatt

Yeah, I also like the mod, great work ;).

BTW, on your page (sycho.22web.org), if you scroll to the end, the contact icons don't show all the way on smaller resolutions (the last one loads only at the top). I'm on 1152 x 864 currently. Maybe you could shorten the distance between them so they could show up properly on lower screen resolutions ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

d3vcho

Quote from: Rock Lee on July 10, 2018, 02:33:00 PM

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.spanish_latin.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame.
$txt['hof_admin'] = "HOF administraci&oacute;n";
$txt['hof'] = "Sal&oacute;n de la Fama";
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame.
$txt['hof_admin'] = "HOF administración";
$txt['hof'] = "Salón de la Fama";
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.spanish_latin.php" error="skip">
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame
$txt['whoall_hof'] = 'Viendo el <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=hof">Sal&oacute;n de la Fama</a> Page';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.spanish_latin-utf8.php" error="skip">
<add><![CDATA[
// Hall Of Fame
$txt['whoall_hof'] = 'Viendo el <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=hof">Salón de la Fama</a> Page';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Regards!

Leaving my thoughts on the translation; it looks good but I would translate "HOF" (Hall of Fame) as "Salón de la fama" as well. Some spanish users may not know what does "HOF" means.

As for the mod, I haven't had a chance to try it but it's a really good idea. Nice job, SychO :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

SychO

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on July 10, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
Leaving my thoughts on the translation; it looks good but I would translate "HOF" (Hall of Fame) as "Salón de la fama" as well. Some spanish users may not know what does "HOF" means.

As for the mod, I haven't had a chance to try it but it's a really good idea. Nice job, SychO :)

I see, I'll have that changed than, thanks  :)

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 10, 2018, 06:36:16 PM
Yeah, I also like the mod, great work ;).

BTW, on your page (sycho.22web.org), if you scroll to the end, the contact icons don't show all the way on smaller resolutions (the last one loads only at the top). I'm on 1152 x 864 currently. Maybe you could shorten the distance between them so they could show up properly on lower screen resolutions ;).

thanks for the note, It's not responsive, but it'll be at some point.
Checkout My Themes:
-

GigaWatt

Just tested the mod today, love it :D. And love the deactivate option :). You could have it installed and activate or deactivate it without having to uninstall it ;).

Just a though. When adding a class or a member, instead of the button saying "Submit Query" (which is of course the correct technical term), it could state "Add Class" and "Add Member". I'm only pointing this out since not all admins are technically inclined (although, IMO, they should have a general interest in technology) and might not understand what the button actually does ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

SychO

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 11, 2018, 04:58:00 AM
Just tested the mod today, love it :D. And love the deactivate option :). You could have it installed and activate or deactivate it without having to uninstall it ;).

Just a though. When adding a class or a member, instead of the button saying "Submit Query" (which is of course the correct technical term), it could state "Add Class" and "Add Member". I'm only pointing this out since not all admins are technically inclined (although, IMO, they should have a general interest in technology) and might not understand what the button actually does ;).

I just left the buttons's default text tbh
Right, "Submit" for most browsers, and "Submit Query" for Firefox I believe ?
Next time I'll edit that, forgot it'd be different in some browsers.
Checkout My Themes:
-

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on July 10, 2018, 06:41:20 PM

That is my general doubt in itself but I was in doubt but "SDF" which would be "Hall of Fame" or to make it too long in the translation that I spend in several that made.

* ??? Rock feels confused ???*

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

efk

Wanted to test it on forum for testing purposes, but failed, see #2:

* 2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
1. Add Before ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed

* 1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
1. Add After ./index.php Test successful
* 2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
1. Add Before ./Sources/Admin.php Test failed
* 3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
1. Add Before ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
* 4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Who.php Test successful
1. Add After ./Sources/Who.php Test successful
* 5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
1. Add After ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
* 6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
1. Add Before ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin.php Skipping file
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php Skipping file
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.spanish_latin.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Who.spanish_latin-utf8.php Skipping file
11. Extract File ./Sources/Hof.php
12. Extract Tree ./Themes
13. Adapt Database HofDBInstall.php

Mods installed:

1.      ENotify 3.0
2. Last Active On MemberList 1.4
3. Sorted Package Manager Listing 1.2
4. Topic View Log 1.0
5. AdditionalMembergroups 1.04
6. Board-color-and-icons 1.1
7. Tagging System 3.0.1
8. SMF Prediction League 1.0.3
9. SMF Arcade 2.55
10. Battle 1.16
11. Membergroup Signature Permissions 1.0
12. Like Posts 2.0.6
13. Edit Unread PMs 1.4
14. SMF Quiz 1.1.0
15. Annoy User 1.2.4
16. SA Chat 1.0a1 Rev120
17. SimpleColorizer 1.1
18. Filter Messages by Poster 1.1
19. SMF Chess 2.1.4
20. GDPR Helper 1.0.4
21. Topic Viewers   1.0

SychO

Quote from: efk on July 11, 2018, 01:33:47 PM
Some mod either changed the line in question, or just changed the line spacing(or smthn like that)
If you attach The File (Admin.php) I can edit it so that the install process is successful, however that could make one of your mod's un-installation process unsuccessful in the future

Otherwise you could manually make the changes related to the failure
Checkout My Themes:
-

efk

Quote from: SychO on July 11, 2018, 01:51:57 PM
Some mod either changed the line in question, or just changed the line spacing(or smthn like that)
If you attach The File (Admin.php) I can edit it so that the install process is successful, however that could make one of your mod's un-installation process unsuccessful in the future

Its a forum created for testing purposes. I will ask friend to send me Admin.php so I can upload it here. Also can you read from there which mod causing that?

SychO

Quote from: efk on July 11, 2018, 01:55:08 PM
Quote from: SychO on July 11, 2018, 01:51:57 PM

Its a forum created for testing purposes. I will ask friend to send me Admin.php so I can upload it here. Also can you read from there which mod causing that?
No I can't determine which mod might've caused that, maybe if I have the file in question, but even than, I don't think it's possible.
Checkout My Themes:
-

njtweb

Really cool, can verbiage for hall of fame or the titles for each be modified in the admin config if a person running a site doesn't have gaming in mind?

I run a hockey travel site and I would love to be able to change Hall of fame to something like "Top Travel Tips" and for the titles, Top Rinks, Top, Destinations, Top Amenities?

Lastly is it responsive?

Arantor

Edits to Admin.php can be avoided in almost all cases by hooks ;)

SychO

Quote from: njtweb on July 12, 2018, 07:59:18 AM
Really cool, can verbiage for hall of fame or the titles for each be modified in the admin config if a person running a site doesn't have gaming in mind?

I run a hockey travel site and I would love to be able to change Hall of fame to something like "Top Travel Tips" and for the titles, Top Rinks, Top, Destinations, Top Amenities?

Lastly is it responsive?

1. Not from the admin panel you can't unfortunately, but you can always check the files
Themes>default>languages>Modifications.english.php
Themes>default>languages>Hof.english.php

You can't change Hall Of Fame and anything else related to the mod there, just search for "hof" once you open the files.

2. It's not responsive, at least not yet, the next version though will be responsive, and will have more options.

Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 08:12:40 AM

Yea, gotta start looking into how hooks work.

Checkout My Themes:
-

Arantor

Basically you declare a function that will receive the entire admin area array and you just add what you need to it.

Should be in the wiki.

njtweb

Quote from: SychO on July 12, 2018, 08:22:13 AM
Quote from: njtweb on July 12, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

Lastly is it responsive?

1. Not from the admin panel you can't unfortunately, but you can always check the files
Themes>default>languages>Modifications.english.php
Themes>default>languages>Hof.english.php

You can't change Hall Of Fame and anything else related to the mod there, just search for "hof" once you open the files.

2. It's not responsive, at least not yet, the next version though will be responsive, and will have more options.

Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 08:12:40 AM

Yea, gotta start looking into how hooks work.

Excellent, I will wait to see how this mod progresses, especially the responsive end. That is very important for my site as the majority of the traffic is mobile device users.

Advertisement: