News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to use custom front page without portal

Started by mattizzy, July 11, 2018, 08:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattizzy

Hello I need a clean homepage to write all my codes the way I want it. How can I also make SMF to recognize the page used as the home page.
I am only an SMF Addict. I think I took overdose.

Kindred

you have three options.

1- install a portal. You can then use the portal mainpage as the homepage and include custom HTML or php
2- install the custom homepage mod. Never used it, but I assume you can include HTML - maybe php
3- code it yourself, like we did here... (put the forum in a subdirectory and your homepage in the root)  then modify the button array to point the home button to your new homepage and add a forum button that points to your forum
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wintstar

Look here => https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Integrating_SMF_with_your_website

sample start.php
<?php
require_once('SSI.php'); //path to your SSI.php
$context['page_title_html_safe'] = '<-- your page titel -->';

$context['html_headers'] = '<-- your own css or java script -->';
$context['linktree'][] = array(

'name' => '<-- your page titel  or own titel-->',
 ); 
//breadcrumb 

template_header(); //header with menue
echo '<-- your html content -->';
template_footer(); // footer 

?>

Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mattizzy

So basically, How can I modify the FRONT PAGE OF SIMPLE PORTAL

Illori

post in the support topic for the mod you using.

mattizzy

Advertisement: