News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Remove all Guest Posts

Started by kittonium, July 11, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittonium

Instead of using this menu

there should be something below that lets you delete all guest posts.

This is going to be useful when an admin deletes accounts without deleting posts, resulting in 50 or so guest accounts with all their posts still here.

Kindred

no. there most certainly should not.   Granted, you posted in mod requests... but you phrased it like it should be a feature.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

Deleting posts by deleted users (Guests) breaks the logical flow of conversations in threads. Why would you want to do that?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

kittonium

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 11, 2018, 05:19:39 PM
Deleting posts by deleted users (Guests) breaks the logical flow of conversations in threads. Why would you want to do that?

beause they are all SPAM (a few letters or numbers). i need to get rid of this spam!!! it's not by real spammers, just a lot of people who thought they could get what they wanted and run away.

Arantor

Go to your profile, to look and layout, and switch quick moderation to checkboxes.

Now you can delete things in bulk. Note that no one is going to change SMF as you suggest because it isn't about preventing you from misusing it (as per discussion about you failing to use the tools provided correctly)

Also, did you bother to put the copyright back yet?

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Arantor

And for bonus points he's even on an insecure version.

GigaWatt

Which element did you inspect to get that info?

Arantor

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 12, 2018, 04:12:15 PM
Which element did you inspect to get that info?

index.php?action=credits ;)

GigaWatt

Nice 8). I thought only admins can use that, good to know ;).

Arantor

It'd be a bit lame to be linked in the footer on every site for it to be admin only. (There is a separate admin-only version which is 98% the same but also includes a few support hints.)

Steve

Until the copyright is properly replaced and left in place, no further support will be given.

And though my memory isn't what it used to be it seems to me this has been indicated to you before.
DO NOT pm me for support!

GigaWatt

Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 04:23:06 PM
It'd be a bit lame to be linked in the footer on every site for it to be admin only. (There is a separate admin-only version which is 98% the same but also includes a few support hints.)

You know, I've never actually seen where the SMF link in the footer leads to, LOL :D... I think I ran into the credits in the admin menu somewhere, that's why I thought only admins can access it :D.

Arantor

There are three footer links, one to the credits page, one to this site, and one to the licence page on this site.

GigaWatt

Well, that wasn't my main priority when I started digging into the settings and features of SMF 2.0, so... I guess I never actually hovered over any of them to see where they lead to. I just ran into the credits in the admin menu when digging through it.

In any case, it's nice to know that anyone can access it ;).

kittonium

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 12, 2018, 03:55:09 PM
Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

Not from what I can see.

forum's still recovering from a big dumb i did earlier a few weeks earlier BTW, it's not an older version, it's a fresh 2.0.15 install but afaik still 2.0.14 in the database :D

added this to the footer:

<span class="smalltext" style="display: inline; visibility: visible; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;"><a href="https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=credits" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank" class="new_win">Powered by SMF</a> |
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php" title="License" target="_blank" class="new_win">SMF &copy; 2018</a>, <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org" title="Simple Machines" target="_blank" class="new_win">Simple Machines</a>

Kindred

except the copyright for 2.0.15 is 2017
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: kittonium on July 13, 2018, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: GigaWatt on July 12, 2018, 03:55:09 PM
Quote from: Arantor on July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

Not from what I can see.

forum's still recovering from a big dumb i did earlier a few weeks earlier BTW, it's not an older version, it's a fresh 2.0.15 install but afaik still 2.0.14 in the database :D

added this to the footer:

<span class="smalltext" style="display: inline; visibility: visible; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;"><a href="https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=credits" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank" class="new_win">Powered by SMF</a> |
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php" title="License" target="_blank" class="new_win">SMF &copy; 2018</a>, <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org" title="Simple Machines" target="_blank" class="new_win">Simple Machines</a>

If it is 2.0.15, why do you have files that clearly indicate themselves as 2.0.14 (not the DB)?

Shambles

except the copyright for 2.0.15 is 2017

This is the copyright area here at sm.org

Illori

that is because the language files have not been updated.

Advertisement: