News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Link to the last post of a topic

Started by Ilkharnos, August 01, 2018, 03:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilkharnos

Hello,

I have a board which I use for gaming and storytelling. In some topics of this board, accessing "the last post" with one click is very important for us. When we are inside these topics, we generally use the "New" button which takes us to the "the first of the unread posts", or, if there isn't any unread post, takes us to "the last post".

Now, I would like to add some custom buttons in specific fields of my site and I want them to have a similar function as the "New" button for a specified topic. I want this for easy navigation purposes. We often navigate out of the game/story topic to check other references, and going back to the topic (and to the latest post) might be painful in some cases.

Actually, a link to "the last post" will be enough for us. It doesn't have to check for the new posts and link us to the "first unread". Still, we would be happy if that's possible.

URL for one of these topics is as follows:

https://www.karamigfer.com/index.php?topic=605.0

This URL will take you to the first topic. And I need a modified version of this link which will take us to "the last post" or "the first unread" (if it is possible, of course.) I will use the same method in a couple of other topics as well.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Ilkharnos

I tried it but it takes me to the first post (first page) of the topic.

@rjen

That should bring you to the first unread messsage in the topic...

Ilkharnos

I checked it also when there are unread posts, but I had no luck.

Thank you, by the way.

@rjen

Ilkharnos

Yes, it works, now.  :)

That was very helpful. Thank you very much!

Regards.

Advertisement: