SMF Support > SMF 2.0.x Support

BBCode tags showing in social media posts

(1/9) > >>

njtweb:
This is interesting, bbcode tags are showing up on FB and G+ posts when posting a topic to social media. Any reason why this would happen? If an image is embedded using the image tags the tags show wrapped around the link for the image, instead of the image showing. Same deal with anything wrapped in bbcode tags.

Kindred:
because the content of the message has the BBCode....      the BBCode is parsed on DISPLAY through the forum. I'm not sure if RSS feeds parse BBC before being displayed, but I don't think they do... and the content shared to FB, etc just reads the code of the page - so it is definitely NOT parsed

(and no, there is no good way to "fix" this in the current codebase)

njtweb:

--- Quote from: Kindred on July 12, 2018, 01:41:55 PM ---because the content of the message has the BBCode....      the BBCode is parsed on DISPLAY through the forum. I'm not sure if RSS feeds parse BBC before being displayed, but I don't think they do... and the content shared to FB, etc just reads the code of the page - so it is definitely NOT parsed

(and no, there is no good way to "fix" this in the current codebase)

--- End quote ---

Hi Kindred, thank you for the info. To answer your question if the same thing happens with RSS, it's yes, it does it with RSS feeds automatically posting and if you choose the post to social media icons or manually post to social media copying the link.

Kindred:
right...   which proved my point.

The only way to avoid this would be to convert the BBC to actual code on submit instead of on display
(which would require a significant change in the way SMF parses submits)

njtweb:

--- Quote from: Kindred on July 12, 2018, 02:11:20 PM ---right...   which proved my point.

The only way to avoid this would be to convert the BBC to actual code on submit instead of on display
(which would require a significant change in the way SMF parses submits)

--- End quote ---

Ok, at least I know it's not just me. Do you think it's possible for a mod to be made for this type of conversion?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version