News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BBCode tags showing in social media posts

Started by njtweb, July 12, 2018, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

We generally don't encourage making additional child boards until you actually have topics to sustain it - experience suggests that more boards confuses people when they don't have content in them to justify the being split out into additional boards.

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on July 19, 2018, 05:03:17 PM
We generally don't encourage making additional child boards until you actually have topics to sustain it - experience suggests that more boards confuses people when they don't have content in them to justify the being split out into additional boards.

I agree, but this is the only way I can split everything up into accurate leagues and teams. I use a tinyportal article as the main hub for finding hockey rink directions associated with each team. My traffic tends to use the very simple menu which is gigantic buttons to go to only where they want to go.

This is my rink directory https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=rink-directory

njtweb

I contacted Dlvr.it about the BBCode showing up in posts. They suggested below to be the problem. Is that the RSS feed configuration with the 255 character limit?

Thank you

This is the response
QuoteHi there!

The problem appears to be that your Feed is only returning 255 characters to us, which means that your Feed is cutting off the link. I would recommend contacting your developer to have the full content returned to us.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kindred

that explanation is exactly what I said, above....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on August 01, 2018, 02:48:35 PM
that explanation is exactly what I said, above....

And I understand that. They're too long because I was putting all of my images in the theme image folder. To situate I made an images folder at the root and I'm putting them there now. Is there a way for me to extend the character limit the feed returns instead? That's all I'm asking.

Arantor

Admin > News and Newsletters > Settings - should be an item in there to make it longer.

njtweb

Quote from: Arantor on August 01, 2018, 03:02:58 PM
Admin > News and Newsletters > Settings - should be an item in there to make it longer.

Got it, I appreciate the instruction.

Advertisement: