News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Search replace and smf_log_spider_hits

Started by dekatria, July 16, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekatria

Hello,

This is actually two questions.

Firstly, what is this table: smf_log_spider_hits
It has 220365 rows and doesn't seem all that useful? How can I get rid of it; is there a way to "clear" the data in it?

Secondly, I try to do a search replace in my DB using the script found here: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/
I have done this before with great success. Now however (on the same DB)  I get an error:
QuoteThe script encountered an error while running an AJAX request.
If you are using your hosts file to map a domain try browsing via the IP address directly.      

Anyone can help?
I have an idea that the smf_log_spider_hits produces a timeout error or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PS: I just want to Search replace the url of my forum withing the posts of the forum as i have recently migrated to a new domain.

Arantor

Well, you can take a look at what's in the spider log - go to Admin > Members > Search Engines > Spider Log - and the log is for tracking which spiders have visited your site.

You can even use the admin panel to clear it out for you - but honestly I'd be surprised if that was the cause of your error. Try clearing that log first and seeing if that helps.

dekatria

Thanks Arantor,
I knew I have seen that spider thing somewhere in the Admin panel! ;-)

Still any help with the DB search replace would be appreciated.

Arantor

Firstly, I already suggested a course of action - clear the log, see if that fixes it.

Beyond that, you're asking me to diagnose a problem with nothing more than "it went wrong" - I can't possibly debug it without something more tangible, like what error was encountered by AJAX (check your browser's inspector in the network tab)

dekatria

You misunderstood me.
I thanked YOU.
The DB question was not directed to you.

Arantor

*shrug* I'm sorry, I thought you actually wanted help with a script that you're trying to run (that no-one here knows anything about, especially seeing how we'd have to sign up to their newsletter to get it)

I mean, I'm only formerly of the SMF dev team, I don't know anything about databases.

dekatria

I finally managed to convert all tables to utf-8 collation and then perform the search replace action I wanted to do.
I did both, first convert to utf-8 then perform search replace, with the tool Database Search and Replace Script in PHP

My experience may be of help to someone else.

Advertisement: