News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

»Personal Messaging

Started by SMiFFER, July 20, 2018, 08:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

In the »Personal Messaging  for every user there is the option ALWAYS UNCHECKED:
"Show a popup when I receive new messages."

It defaults to OFF.

How and where can I configure this option to default to ON instead?

Greetings!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SychO

Go To
Admin >> Configuration >> Themes and Layout >> Member Options

Choose your forum's theme >> Configure guest and new user options for this theme

Check Show a popup when I receive new messages.

you're done
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Steve

Go to the same place but look at this setting: 'Change current options for all members using this theme' if you want to change it for all current members
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

Quote from: SychO
Check Show a popup when I receive new messages.

you're done

Not quite. There's the "Save" button to consider.

Gary

Heh, there's always a save button. SMF isn't automatic in it's saving of settings.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Arantor

Even in the Core Features page which looks like it should be automatic but isn't. And which did in early 2.1 builds actually become automatic until someone removed the crazy page entirely.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Gazmanafc on July 20, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
SMF isn't automatic in it's saving of settings.

And it shouldn't be ;). An "Are you sure?" feature would be pushing it a bit, but a Save button should be a must IMO.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 20, 2018, 11:14:59 AM
Quote from: Gazmanafc on July 20, 2018, 10:27:37 AM
SMF isn't automatic in it's saving of settings.

And it shouldn't be ;). An "Are you sure?" feature would be pushing it a bit, but a Save button should be a must IMO.
Agreed. There are so many settings that could do some really weird stuff if you mistakenly saved something you didn't want to.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SMiFFER

Is this not getting OT a bit?

Thanks to    SychO and Steve!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

A little OT never hurt anyone ;) But you are right.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: