Make all board titles visible (but not posts)

Started by Evil Oliverlord, July 21, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Oliverlord

I'm just starting with SMF, and learning my way around. I imagine this is straightforward, but I don't seem to have found the right help docs yet.

• Is there a way to make a board title (but not posts) visible to non-members?
    Is there a way for the admin to directly give a member access to specific boards or member groups? (I've only found how to request access to a membergroup).

I'm happy with just a reference to the appropriate documentation, if that's easiest. Just haven't been able to find it myself yet.

Arantor

The latter you do by going to their profile, to 'account settings' and changing the groups in there.

The former SMF does not do out of the box and I don't know which addons are current and up to date to do this.

Illori

Evil Oliverlord

Quote from: Arantor on July 21, 2018, 04:26:39 PM
The latter you do by going to their profile, to 'account settings' and changing the groups in there.

The former SMF does not do out of the box and I don't know which addons are current and up to date to do this.
Thanks very much!

Evil Oliverlord

Quote from: Illori on July 21, 2018, 04:33:41 PM
some reading of https://wiki.simplemachines.org/ may help.

Apologies if I didn't make it clear that I did start there, and wasn't able to find my answer. I appreciate @Arantor's kind direction.

Kindred

Only by using a mod

By default, users can only see actions that they can complete.
What you are asking for is available in several mods, but not recommended as it actually drives people away from your site rather than gets them to register.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: