News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Possibly installer issue

Started by Mick., August 04, 2018, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

So im trying to install a fresh copy 2.0.15 so i can do testing and what-not in a dev folder. But the installer wont get passed the database creation page even tho i input the correct user name and password. It keeps saying that it cant connect to database. Normally i know my way around installing smf but man!, this time im stumped. Any tips, ideas?  :o

Looking

Assuming you are putting in the right info including localhost info then you should contact your host.

Mick.

Quote from: Looking on August 04, 2018, 09:12:09 AM
Assuming you are putting in the right info including localhost info then you should contact your host.
I'm thinking I have I the correct info since I can connect with ftp just fine. I even created a database but even that I can't connect. I will contact my host for sure, they always been good to me. I figure I'd post here before I open a ticket.

Mick.

Imma mark this solved. It is a server issue and my host is working on it.

Mick.

Strangest thing.. smf auto installer couldnt connect to database when i ran it. My host tried on their end as well and couldnt connect either, even after creating new user and database too. I was able to install it using their script install service Softaculous and all is good. It installed SMF latest version. I use siteground.com for host, many years.

Looking

Glad you at least got it addressed but you may want to make regular backups in case of something faulty down the road.

Advertisement: