News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Disable url and picture for membergroup

Started by Yunpee, July 22, 2018, 04:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yunpee

I am searching for this kind of mod. I've seen some SMF already done this in the past (they permit only upgraded member). So I know this kind of mod exist. But searched recently, havn't find one yet.

GigaWatt

Admin --> Members --> Permissions --> General Permissions --> (Membergroup) --> Modify

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Kindred

Did the op mean that one or the bbc tags in a message?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Yunpee

Yep I do not mean avatar. I mean post body bb tag link/img and auto link

Arantor

Why? It just discourages people from posting good posts. Either they won't bother or will post the bare minimum to get what they want.

Kindred

its a bad idea, as Arantor said...   so much of a bad idea that the one mod which existed for it has not been updated since 1.1.2 (and won't work on 2.0.x)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

@Yunpee: Are you trying to force people to use the code tag to encode every URL instead of just using the image or URL tag?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Kindred

no...   the OP is trying to keep anyone who is not previously approved from posting any link or any image.
Слaва
Украинi

Yunpee

Quote from: GigaWatt on July 23, 2018, 11:39:32 AM
@Yunpee: Are you trying to force people to use the code tag to encode every URL instead of just using the image or URL tag?
Yes but for specific membergroup, preventing some crazy guy to post vast amount of link and image per post, which will uneccessary worsen SEO. Or at least limit url per post to only first one and unlink the latter.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

again...   people seem to be looking for technical solutions to social problems - instead of addressing the social problem itself
Слaва
Украинi

GigaWatt

Quote from: Kindred on July 27, 2018, 01:14:59 PM
again...   people seem to be looking for technical solutions to social problems - instead of addressing the social problem itself

I love this sentence... it actually addresses the true nature of the problem.

Yunpee

GigaWatt

Yunpee

Quote from: GigaWatt on August 01, 2018, 09:47:10 PM
So, can this be marked as solved?
Actually, I already use that mod before posting this topic (but not satisfy with its feature as the post counts doesn't indicate each member's role in the forum). So the problem still not solved.

What really counts is about membership group. If no known existing woys or mods can do this. I'll better have this topic in
Mod Requests (which is for what not already exist) instead, maybe?

Kindred

there are no known mods to do this....

why not? Well,m because doing this is not recommended and will likely drive users away from your site.

You are yet another person trying to solve a social problem with a technical solution - and it just won't work.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: