I tried to test upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1.3 and it failed

Started by Arskrigitsioniets, July 22, 2018, 02:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arskrigitsioniets

For test upgrade I've created a new DB user for the copy of my old 2.0.15 DB. He has all permissions. But SMF writes me

"The MySQL user you have set in Settings.php does not have proper privileges.

Please ask your host to give this user the ALTER, CREATE, and DROP privileges. "

What's a problem? 2nd attachment is from repair_settings.php.

Illori

what are you trying to upgrade to?

you really should not include a screenshot that has your password in it, as such it has been removed.

Arantor

A test password of 123456? Eh, that's not a serious concern.

I'd say this looked to be a 2.1 upgrade given the items in the list but it somehow has 2.0's styling, like not all the files have been updated properly.

Arskrigitsioniets

Quotewhat are you trying to upgrade to

QuoteI'd say this looked to be a 2.1 upgrade given the items in the list but it somehow has 2.0's styling, like not all the files have been updated properly.
I've downloaded it and unpacked in the root directory https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-1-beta3_upgrade.zip

Illori

that is not the package to upgrade to SMF 2.0.15, that is the package to upgrade to SMF 2.1 beta 3 which is outdated and has many bugs that have been fixed in SMF 2.1 beta 4 found on github.

did you make sure all files were uploaded?

Arskrigitsioniets

Quotethat is not the package to upgrade to SMF 2.0.15, that is the package to upgrade to SMF 2.1 beta 3 which is outdated and has many bugs that have been fixed in SMF 2.1 beta 4 found on github.

did you make sure all files were uploaded?
Oh, I mean I'm upgrading 2.0.15 to 2.1. Can you give me a link to proper upgrade package?

Arskrigitsioniets

I've just tried to load this package one more time and now it works  ::) Don't know what happened.

Advertisement: