Non Critical. Permission membergroups and board permissions confusion

Started by The8thHokage, July 24, 2018, 04:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The8thHokage

So I have used SMF all of the time since 2014. And well I never ran into the issue with permissions.

I have 6 ranks from web supervisor (renamed from administrator) to Member, Member being the default rank due to a mod. And well, I have them set to be based off of Maintenance profiler. such they are able to do most actions on the forums, Well when I change the settings to be Read Only or to be No Polls, it starts to affect the owner ranking to where they cannot modify, delete, move, sticky or for the read only ones not even reply. Is there something different that I need to do or something extra in order to allow my membergroups to function the way I used to have them function?

Kindred

each board profile has separate settings for eahc membergroup and will override the default settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The8thHokage

How would I be able to achieve the opposite if at all possible.

Kindred

don't use a profile for the board....

the whole point of board profiles is to override the default permissions for that specific board.

e.g. no reply profile means that one can post new topics but can not reply to existing topics unless one is a moderator
read-only should be self explanatory...
etc etc etc
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The8thHokage

How would I get my staff to post in a section thats used for news and have regular members denied from posting but for reading? Idk how I did this but I got it to work before.

Kindred

Make a new profile.
Allow the staff groups the post permissions
Disallow the post permissions from the non staff groups
Слaва
Украинi

The8thHokage

Thank you for your support, Alright, I think I get how this can be done now by creating that new profile.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: