News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NightBreeze

Started by SychO, July 25, 2018, 11:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleperix

Hi SychO, I wanted to know if it would be possible for you to do something similar to what you did with SunRise with this theme.

I mean, that of changing from light to dark color and vice versa.
Since this seems like a very good function to me and to tell the truth, I like the structure and design of this theme much more. But it does not contain such a function.

From already thank you very much!.

SychO

I'm afraid I'm most likely not going to add any new features to this theme anytime soon, though it would be possible and easier to add to the new version that'll be compatible with SMF 2.1
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

shadav

for your own personal needs you could edit nightbreeze to be a variant theme (I've done this myself) and then create a lighter version to suit your needs allowing your members to use either or
or you can get real creative and create several different color variations  ;D

SulevFan

The forum footer that is installed with this theme

now leads to a website that promotes items of a sexual nature. This is not  something I can have on our website.

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

SulevFan

Quote from: SychO on May 04, 2021, 12:43:56 PM
for reference: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=577607.new#new

Cool, I see you have now changed the links on the theme site as well. There is still no indication in the change log for the them that the URLs had changed, but I guess that is now water under the bridge.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a way to be notified when a theme is updated and the installed theme is out-of-date? Also, earlier today when we downloaded the new theme, we ended up with two entries in the theme database, which implies that I probably still don't understand how to install/upgrade  them.

shadav

are you using any mods?
if not, just upload the files overwriting the old ones in your theme's folder NightBreeze20
if yes, you can do as above and then go to each mods page and use the parse button and manually add them back into the nightbreeze theme
or just replace the line in the themes ThemeStrings.english.php to fix the footer copyright issue. (and if you use the german languages, make sure to change the urls in them as well)

you could download your current Nightbreeze20 theme folder and download the current one off the site and use a program like winmerge to compare any differences (though if you have installed any mods then there will be a lot of differences but you can ignore them and just look for the copyright differences in the files)
bwahaha or kill your server and open up every file of the theme in your ftp and do a find and replace with the old url to the new url  :laugh:

SychO

Quote from: SulevFan on May 04, 2021, 03:36:37 PM
There is still no indication in the change log for the them that the URLs had changed, but I guess that is now water under the bridge.

Indeed, I only log noteworthy changes.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Sir Osis of Liver

Having a problem with full width banner in upper_section on this forum.  Looks fine in pc view with fixed height -

index.css

#upper_section {
    position: relative;
    background: url(../images/custom/header.jpg) no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
    height: 220px;
}

On mobile emulations there's a gap below the banner that varies with screen size.  If I give it a fixed height, looks ok on some phones but not others -

responsive.css

#upper_section {
    background: url(../images/custom/header.jpg) no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
    height: 67px;
}

No luck at all with tablets.  Is there any way to make upper_section height adjust to banner height on all devices?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shadav

what I have in index.css is
header div.frame {
    display: block;
    padding: 0;
    /*overflow: hidden;*/
    z-index: 1;
height: 380px;
}

div.header_back {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 380px;
    background: url(../images/custom/header.jpg) no-repeat center;
    z-index: -1;
background-size: 100% 380px;
}

div.header_back:before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    background: url("../images/custom/02.png") repeat;
    z-index: 1;
}

#upper_section {
    padding: 12em 0 0 0;
}

seems to work as far as I can tell, don't think I touched responsive.css

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm not seeing why height: auto doesn't work.  It chops approx. 60-70% off the banner height, just leaves the top.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ChuckWheat

Just a brief follow-up...unfortunately our SMF experiment didn't work out for our community. 

But that doesn't mean we aren't appreciative of the help people like SychO, Shadav, Antechinus, and others who lent us a hand in our efforts to make SMF and NightBreeze work for us...we are very grateful.

We wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
ChuckWheat 

shadav

Quote from: ChuckWheat on May 24, 2021, 08:52:24 PM
Just a brief follow-up...unfortunately our SMF experiment didn't work out for our community. 

But that doesn't mean we aren't appreciative of the help people like SychO, Shadav, Antechinus, and others who lent us a hand in our efforts to make SMF and NightBreeze work for us...we are very grateful.

Sincerely,
ChuckWheat
you were just wanting to recolor it correct?
if so, let me know what you had in mind and I can play around a bit with it

ChuckWheat

Quote from: shadav on May 24, 2021, 10:14:30 PM
Quote from: ChuckWheat on May 24, 2021, 08:52:24 PM

Sincerely,
ChuckWheat
you were just wanting to recolor it correct?
if so, let me know what you had in mind and I can play around a bit with it
Hi Shadav,

Thanks for your response and kind offer.  SychO generously spent some time inside our site, and we couldn't figure out why it was misbehaving.  I loaded the site twice (two versions of NightBreeze), one instance was used to make changes (sort of a sandbox configuration), while the other was the original configuration.  Both instances ended up having the same issue, which we couldn't replicate reliably using multiple testers (very frustrating). 

Long story short, our management team didn't feel we could deploy as-is so we've decided to try another approach to meet our need. 

But once again, I'll say the problem isn't a lack of support.  Many here stepped up to help in one form or fashion, so anyone else reading this...you have a great team of people here willing and able to help you succeed. You've been one of the best Shadav, and I hope you know how much I appreciate your offer.

StarredSkies

Do you have any plans of updating your live demo site? It has appeared to be offline for awhile now and I would love to try some themes of yours.

SychO

I unfortunately don't have any plans to do that at the time being.
Checkout My Themes:
-

mia2904

Hi.
I'm trying this theme in 2.0.17 and 2.0.18. In both versions I'm getting this:
Unable to load the 'main_above' template.Tested other themes just to be sure it's not my forum and they all work fine, it's just this one.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
Solved it by installing the theme in panel, and after that uploading the .zip and manually extracting it. For some reason all files were 0 bytes size. It's strange that other themes work tho.

Antechinus

Quote from: mia2904 on September 03, 2021, 10:29:51 AMSolved it by installing the theme in panel, and after that uploading the .zip and manually extracting it. For some reason all files were 0 bytes size. It's strange that other themes work tho.
I remember getting that bug when testing some of Bloc's themes straight from GitHub.

SychO

I've repackaged the theme, should fix the problem.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Wizard0011

I need help, I can't reach you could you please contact me?

Advertisement: