News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF forum mods used on this site?

Started by dowhelp, July 28, 2018, 09:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowhelp

Hi

I would like to know the mods used on this site which provide:

"Select language"
"Social media Icons" on the top right corner of this forum.

Thank you

Arantor

Social media icons is not a mod on this site, it's baked directly into the theme here.

Select language... fairly sure that's https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=598

dowhelp

Quote from: Arantor on July 28, 2018, 09:34:20 AM
Social media icons is not a mod on this site, it's baked directly into the theme here.

Select language... fairly sure that's https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=598

Firstly Thank you for the reply.

Second. Is this site using the default theme? I use that V2.015 and can't find how to add the social media icons.

Lastly. The language mod. I am running default theme with V2.015. That mod is very old. Is it OK to use?

Thank you again.

Regards

Arantor

This site uses a specially modified theme based on the default one - like how it has the secondary menu which is also not available as a mod (nothing says anything on this site *has* to be made available, like how the topic solved mod used isn't available either)

The language mod... I can't imagine it would have needed any changes but if in doubt, back everything up and try it (or try it on a test site)

Gwenwyfar

Differences between 2.0.x versions are mostly minor, so many mods aren't updated because they don't need to be.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Arantor

This particular mod is from the era of 2.0 RC5 but I don't believe that header changed in Curve since before that - compatibility from RCs to final is a bit more complicated than compatibility across patches :(

Gwenwyfar

Yeah, mods for RCs they have more chance to break. Just saying this because it's so common that people think mods have to list their version to be usable, I wonder how many people decide to not try them out because of this :P
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: