News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14

Started by SatTrkr, August 03, 2018, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Ok.

I got this message: "The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes."

However, I noticed that my avatar went to an X.

Executing home gives me the HTTP500 error again.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Sir Osis of Liver

That shouldn't happen. >:(  Did it log an error?

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

No new error log. All the logs that were there before are still there.

Hold it, I was looking in the wrong place for the error log.

Here are the 1st 4 lines. The remaining lines are all similar:

[03-Aug-2018 22:39:14 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142
[03-Aug-2018 22:39:15 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142
[03-Aug-2018 22:39:15 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142
[03-Aug-2018 22:39:19 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you pm ftp access (server/user/pw), I'd like to have a look.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Hold it, I was looking in the wrong place for the error log.

Here are the 1st 4 lines. The remaining lines are all similar on the same file - load.php:

[03-Aug-2018 22:39:14 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142
[03-Aug-2018 22:39:19 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/sdrctlco/public_html/heavenscape.com/Forums/Sources/Load.php on line 142

Sir Osis of Liver

Upload attached file to forum root, let's see what server is really running.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Yeah, you're running php 5.3.29, you'll have to upgrade.  Look in your host cpanel, there should be link for scripts or software or php version, see if you can upgrade to 5.6.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Okay, I selected 5.6 and now I have access to the forum.

Now I would like to upgrade to 2.0.15. Is that okay to do that now? However, I do not see that on the package manager.

Sir Osis of Liver

It should be there, you're at 2.0.14.  If you can't find it, pm admin access.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, you're at 2.0.15.  2.0.14 added support for php 7.0, and dropped support for 5.3, that's why it crashed.  5.6 is earliest version still supported, everything lower is eol.  Stay with 5.6, you have stuff on your website that goes back 4-5 years, might have problems with 7.0.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Is there a newer version that I should go to?

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0.15 will run in php 7.0/7.1, but some of your older stuff might break in 7.  I'm still using 5.6.37 for everything.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

I meant is there a newer forum version that I should go to?

Sir Osis of Liver

No, 2.0.15 is current.  2.1 is still in beta, it's not recommended for production forums.  It'll be a while before it's ready for prime time.  Just keep an eye out for future 2.0 updates, most of the patches contain security updates.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Ok, thank you for all of your help. I do appreciate the time you spent getting this resolved. Good night, as it is early morning here and I am headed for some sleep.

Advertisement: