News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Copying Themes

Started by StarredSkies, August 01, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarredSkies

Hi!

As of today, I've been trying to copy a custom theme by choosing the 'Copy a template from the theme this is based on.' option within theme settings. Every time I attempt this(even with core), I receive the error message of: "Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again."

Any clue as to why? I have tried the 2.0.14 login fix if that helps at all.

Dhayzon

Update your smf Version to 2.0.15 and clear all hystory and cache broswer 

StarredSkies

https://beastsofbeyond.com/
My version is 2.0.15 and I have already attempted clearing my browser, along with trying others.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GigaWatt

Quote from: StarredSkies on August 01, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

Did you install the fix on all themes? If not, uninstall it and run it again, see if all tests pass and if they do, apply it on your custom theme as well ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Arantor

The Login Fix mod doesn't edit any theme code, it doesn't have to.

GigaWatt

Hmmm... never installed it, so I wouldn't know, I manually edited my theme... I presumed the mod edited theme files too.

Just out of curiosity, how does it work without editing theme files if the login goes through the theme?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Arantor

Quote from: GigaWatt on August 03, 2018, 05:00:48 PM
Hmmm... never installed it, so I wouldn't know, I manually edited my theme... I presumed the mod edited theme files too.

Just out of curiosity, how does it work without editing theme files if the login goes through the theme?

Take a look at the code. It's basically black magic.

GigaWatt

Patched SSI... do it in the backbone. Clever ;).

StarredSkies

Quote from: Kindred on August 02, 2018, 04:53:49 PM
mods installed?

1.   @mention members   1.1.2 
2.   SMF Staff Page   1.7     
3.   markItUp! for SMF   0.5.5     
4.   Current Signature Mod   1.2 
5.   SMF Post Prefix   2.0.3 
6.   More Genders   1.0.1 
7.   SMFShop   3.3.5     
8.   Stop Spammer   2.3.9     
9.   Posting Template SMFSimple   1.0.3     
10.   SubAccounts Mod   1.0.1 
11.   Sneaky Editing   1.1     
12.   Yet Another Spoiler Mod   1.1 
13.   Ignore Topics   2.3 
15.   Drafts      
16.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1     
18.   BBCode with style   1.5.1     
19.   Bookmarks   2.5 
20.   Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag   4.12     
21.   Member Awards   3.0
22.   Topics Created And Participated In   2.9 
Deleted the ones that are no longer installed.

Quote from: GigaWatt on August 03, 2018, 04:57:28 PM
Quote from: StarredSkies on August 01, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

Did you install the fix on all themes? If not, uninstall it and run it again, see if all tests pass and if they do, apply it on your custom theme as well ;).
Just double checked and redid it for safe measure! ( aka literally changing nothing, pasting the code in again with the correct white space, and pressing save like five times lol... it 'works faster' that way ;) ).

Any other possibilities I should check? Truly, this isn't a necessary fix that I need immediately because I have the theme saved to my computer / server, but it'd be a pleasure to do it on site and allow my fellow admins to do it also.

Advertisement: