News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by DragonLady, August 02, 2018, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I know you can change how tables display - I've done my share of making things responsive in my time. I'm just mindful that I've seen the process over several years of going from Core to Curve to Curve2 plus my own efforts at theme templating and I think it not wise to ever underestimate the work involved.

Not to mention making mods play nice with that.

Gwenwyfar

I had my forum changed to be responsive before the mod was released. Never fully finished other than the main user pages. I know very well it's no small amount of work. But even if the code was perfect it would still be a lot of work, there's no way around that.

Better make mods have to add some css than have them not even install properly for every person that tries to use them, because you changed the whole template :P And that's already how it is with many themes anyway.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Kindred

Of course -- all of this conversation should be split off by an admin (please)   since this topic is not actually supposed to be used for support
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Irisado

I'm no administator, but I have used my team lead powers accordingly :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: