News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14

Started by SatTrkr, August 03, 2018, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatTrkr

When I did an update from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 the installation said it was a success. However, going to the forum gives me an HTTP 500 error. What happened?
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Sir Osis of Liver

Check permissions for your forum root.  Who is your host?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Host is qth.com (www18.qth.com)

Permission is 755

SQL version being run is 5.6.30
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Sir Osis of Liver

Assuming you installed the upgrade in package manager, were there any errors?  Which php version are you running?

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

No errors from package manager.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you back up forum files before installing the patch?  If not, look in /Packages/backups/, there should be a backup done before install.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.  That will restore your forum to 2.0.13.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

I did do a backup of my forum just before I did the upgrade. I will do the restore.

SatTrkr

Okay, restore done and forum back up and running.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

http://www.heavenscape.com/Forums/index.php

Since I restored the forum from a backup using Core FTP LE the package manager says 2.0.14 is installed and there is no uninstaller for that package. So the forum now thinks 2.0.14 is installed in the package manager but the forum version is 2.0.13.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did your website crapout as well, or just the forum?

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

I did check that when the failure occurred and the website was okay - so just the forum.

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like a clean install, any mods installed?  You can run fix_packages.php to set 2.0.14 patch as uninstalled.

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you get to the server error log?

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

Yes, but there are no logs dated around the time I did my update. They are all earlier in time.

fix_packages.php executed and 2.0.14 now shows uninstalled.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

SatTrkr

fix_packages.php executed and 2.0.14 now shows uninstalled.

Do I have to put the forum in Maintenance mode to do the update?

Advertisement: