Broke my forum trying to upgrade

Started by stonysleep, August 04, 2018, 11:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Sounds to me like it's the same situation as before, because that parse error would be a 500 type error - just you're not seeing the browser cover page hiding it for you.

Once the upgrade is done, the forum should just start working normally, like I said.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, if the upgrade was done correctly, forum will work as soon as php is upgraded to 5.4 or higher.  You really have a crappy host, php 5.2 went eol in Jan 2011 and has been unsupported since then.  Not nice that they're showing you a bogus version.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: stonysleep on August 04, 2018, 07:11:48 PM
they're going to upgrade it to php 7 - i think it must be in progress as the error message now doesnt give error 500 cant establish connection but is now saying:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in index.php on line 114
phpinfo is still saying 5.2.17
When php is upgraded based on what ive done should it start working then?

If it was in progress it seems to be taking a while, it's still showing,

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home4/stonysle/public_html/forum/index.php on line 114

stonysleep

Finally managed to fix it so thanks all
Turned out it was .htaccess files overriding the php version to use
Changing it with cpanel worked but the new line it generated in the htaccess files was being overwritten by another line to use the old php version
Looks like i need to fix up all my htaccess files
But the good news is it looks like my php version and smf are now right now so thanks again

Advertisement: