Me too getting in the responsive theme game

Started by Mick., August 06, 2018, 10:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

not bad. :)

It's clean, but a little angular/cornered for my tastes.

I'm a fan of low image designs... but you can accomplish a whole bunch without images that don't look quote as blocky. :)

For example: The only images we use on fx-sabers is the background and the header.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mick.

Quote from: Kindred on August 08, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
not bad. :)

It's clean, but a little angular/cornered for my tastes.

I'm a fan of low image designs... but you can accomplish a whole bunch without images that don't look quote as blocky. :)

For example: The only images we use on fx-sabers is the background and the header.

Yup, i dont use images at all. My style is a template without the clutter, Simple is better lol  Yeah,, rounded corners, easy fix.

Biology Forums

What are your thoughts on Bootstrap-based themes? It makes creating columns almost too simple, and really helps keeping themes responsive with little effort

Mick.

Quote from: Study Force on August 08, 2018, 11:34:51 PM
What are your thoughts on Bootstrap-based themes? It makes creating columns almost too simple, and really helps keeping themes responsive with little effort
you don't need bootstrap to make it responsive. My site is responsive with no bootstrap. It's all css work. Then again, I've not ventured how these other themes are using it

Antes

Bootstrap requires complete rewrite for each of the template otherwise it won't be as effective as you think.

Mick.

Quote from: Antes on August 09, 2018, 08:58:12 AM

Bootstrap requires complete rewrite for each of the template otherwise it won't be as effective as you think.

I download a copy of bootstrap generic template yesterday. It seems to make it effective, you would have to modify the main files, display.template, profile.templeate, index.template, board.index and so on and leave admin alone. Admin duties should be performed behind desktop instead of mobile device.. That's a lot of work. When adding mods, this could be a problem. Nah, im not using bootstrap. I dont need it.

Biology Forums

Just love how simple it is to implement buttons, sign-in modals, 
carousel, etc. I think once implemented, everything else becomes easy, except the hard part is its implementation to which I understand your point.

Advertisement: