News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

server migration; SSI failure

Started by drewactual, August 06, 2018, 06:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

I migrated servers, all went well all told.  however, i must not have the new server provisioned properly as SSI flat out won't work either via include or straight up trying to type ssi_exaples.php in the browser... flat out dead...

i matched setting to setting best as i could, but there is obviously something i am missing either with a required package or a setting...

what gives?  what is the dependency tree for SSI?

Centos7 (leaving centos6), EA4 w/php7.0, MySQL5.6, have dedicated server with full access....
2.0.15.. no new packages (SSI worked on the old server without hiccup)

also... having a hard time w/ SMF recognizing Memcached, though it's loaded/configured/initiated... it's handling the sessions just fine, but not registering as an accelerator?

any help greatly appreciated.

gotta be doing something wrong. 

also having a hard time getting

vbgamer45

Any errors logged with SSI.php? when you try to use it or run?
SSI only requires the SMF install.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

drewactual

not a single one..... server or SMF.... something strange is happening here...

vbgamer45

I sometimes try line by line editing files and see what loads and doesn't load.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

drewactual

this has to be server side... something different with the config where i'm at than where i was... gotta be something stupid simple too that i'm just looking past... the old server has absolutely duplicate files and SMF settings (except for the memcached accelerator thing) as the new one and is still reachable via IP- and functional as can be...

shawnb61

Is it failing for both http and https? 

For me, I realized I'd forgotten httpd-ssl.conf...

Helpful checklist here:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_include.html

You can find the following in your .conf file?
Options +Includes
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

drewactual

reading your post, sir, and i recalled seeing mod_include but i didn't recall configuring it.. but, it's there and it's active. 

SSI doesn't even work if I call (smf)/ssi_examples.php.... same thing- white wall and no error recorded.  curiously, the theme that i use calls for SSI on the first line and it doesn't break at and a few functions such as SSI login performs properly..... ..... .... if THAT ain't confusing?

Arantor

The theme calls SSI which promptly returns without actually running its bootstrap.

So, we're back to whatever is in your server error log.

drewactual

i think i may be onto something....

i forgot all about fastcgi and that it ignores php directives set in htaccess, and can only parse those in php.ini for directories+downwind, or user.ini for specific directory settings...

i'm playing with it now- i'm thinking this is the issue, and will also explain a couple other things.

the only errors on the server are where it can't find some smiley's, and.... that's because i abandoned those directories and haven't cleaned that setting up yet.

drewactual

i have combed through everything at this point and can't for the life of me determine what is happening here.  there was at one point an error that logged on the server with some reference to SSI, and spoke of duplicate sessions... that just baffled me.   otherwise, there is nothing whatsoever that indicates the SSI shouldn't be working...

i will say this, though, and i think it plays into it.  the server is running apache2.4 and suPHP with fastcgi... mod_include is considered only as a legacy application, and weight is on other handlers.... I'm thinking this is where the disconnect is... the OLD server also ran apache2.4 and the same arrangement, but that 'arrangement' was an update from 2.2 instead of a clean install- which left a bunch of the old directives in place.

and.. just a fyi if anyone runs into this- while searching/combing through various mod/php ini's, i found a mismatch in the zzzzzz.pelc.ini that cleared the memcache/d issue right up... that file (zzzzzzz) picks up stray mod/pecl/ect... ini's and defines them... the ONLY memcache that will run on php7 is the gethub NO_IO version- and when installing it I kept encountering the 'make' failed error report... well, installing it manually gave no better results... so i punted it until later and after i figured out the SSI thing... while searching for the SSI thing i found that in the zzzzzzz.pecl.ini there was no space between directives- rendering that file not only ineffective but causing system instability... simply plopping a space between the directives and POOF- everything works like it's supposed to work...... except for SSI....

shawnb61

SSI login works?  The problem isn't strictly with SSI then. 

Just thinking aloud here... 

Maybe a closer look at sessions is in order.  And I'd also carefully audit redirects & <directory> blocks.

I'd rearrange the ssi example code, put logins & logouts first & see how far it gets for clues. 

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

drewactual

i've followed suggestions and still...

i
am
at
wits
end
and
still
lostinthesaucehere...

i'll figure it out....... and when i do i'll come back here and report the resolve.

Advertisement: