Issue with cached pages/refreshing pages

Started by MadCityKaren, August 06, 2018, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadCityKaren

Sir Osis of Liver

That's really very strange, it happens with all links.  Nothing in error log, don't see any suspect mods, caching is disabled.  Pretty much has to be a server glitch.  Who is your host?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MadCityKaren

x10 Hosting

And they're telling me that I should talk to the developers here ...  :-\

Sir Osis of Liver

Not familiar with them.  Doesn't seem to be causing any problems, don't think I ever would have noticed it.  Can you get to your server error log?  I doubt it would even log a server error, but worth a look.

- R. Waters

MadCityKaren

Actually did find the error log ... one error noted, but can't find a way to screen shot the whole message.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's usually in forum root, errorlog or error.log.  Some hosts access it via cpanel.  Don't think it's going to show you anything.  If it's not affecting timestamps on posts, pms, etc., maybe you can just live with it.  I've used .htaccess to prevent caching on my forums, but that's basically aimed at browser cache.  I see the glitch with clean browser first time in.  If your host won't address the issue, not much else you can do.

- R. Waters

MadCityKaren

Thanks for checking it out, Sir O ... I did find an error log on cpanel, but can't get the whole message to copy (attached).

I'll pass the message on back to the webhost; they're typically pretty responsive, so hopefully they'll get it figured out at some point in time. 

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Kindred

please don't screen shot...   copy/paste the actual text of the message
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MadCityKaren

Hi Kindred,

As noted, I was unable to copy/paste the actual message -- there was a red circle/slash ("no" symbol) over that portion of the screen so did a screenshot of what I could get (tried to scroll over and get a screenshot of the rest of it and was unable to do so either).  Hence, a screenshot.  Should i have typed the error message out?

MadCityKaren

UPDATE:  After allowing the webhost access to my forum, they were able to determine there was an issue and moved the forum to a new server.  The problem is now mostly resolved although there is still a bit of tweaking to be done, but it wasn't an SMF issue. 

Thanks for all the help! 

Advertisement: