News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How can I revert theme reset

Started by Humph, August 08, 2018, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humph

Hello experts,

I accidentally click on reset button on my smf admin panel, and everything reorganized.
I tried reinstalling another theme, but it is not working. I'm still seeing plane text.

Please, tell me what to do?

Kindred

what reset button?

you mean change all users to the defined default theme?

if so, just change the default theme in the dropdown box on that same screen and change all users to that theme.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Humph

I click on "theme setting",  then at the bottom, I accidentally clicked on "Attempt  to reset all themes...
Please, help me to revert It, what I am seeing is plane text

Kindred

oh. you reset the URLs...

use this
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

edit-
also, please see my signature line. Sending unsolicited emails, especially when I am already helping in the forum is not desirable.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Humph

I have tried using the link you dropped above, it didn't explicitly tell me how to solve the problem.
This link I found, yoursitename/repair_settings.php is leading me to error page when I substituted "yoursitensme" with my own site name.

I will be glade if you can help me solve the problem or at least give me step by step procedures on how to solve it.

Thanks for your response

Illori

did you download the file from our site and upload it to your site?

Humph

No I didn't, I uploaded smf through a host company, Godaddy

Illori

Humph

Is there any other way I can upload "repair_sttings.php" file to my forum without using any FTP?

*Why did you guys include "Attempt to Reset theme" without any measure to prevent accidental click, maybe a confirmation message?
See how one click is causing me sleepless night!

Kindred

because, generally we assume that admins are adults and only click things that they know what they do... :P

more importantly... most of the time, that button FIXES issues, not causes them.

The fact that pressing that button CAUSED an issue indicates that your site likely has deeper problems.

You can upload the file using your hosting CPanel file manager.
Слaва
Украинi

Humph

Hello Kindred, thanks for your response.

The problem is that my Cpanel on Godaddy is not even responding.
I registered with Godaddy 4 days ago and installed smf. Ever since then, my Cpanel has stopped responding, any time I login to Cpanel through my godaddy acct, nothing is working, because I would have uninstalled the smf and install a new one. Since I am new with not followers yet.

Secondary, no way to contact Godaddy support except if you call them on phone, and whenever I call them, they don't pick, it's only computer that speaks while my money go because it is an international call.

Kindred

I don't know what to say... you either need to use ftp or your Cpanel.
No other option.

My only suggestion at this point is — Leave godaddy and get a decent host.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: