Set permission to allow membergroup to read all boards but only post in one?

Started by iLCapo, August 10, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLCapo

Version 2.0.15.  I would like to set a permission for a membergroup that allows them to read all boards, but only allows them to post in one particular board.  Is it possible to do that?  I haven't been able to figure out how.

Kindred

yes.

use board permissions profiles

set the one board to the default profile (everyone can post and read)

turn on the deny permission
create a new profile - set the permissions for the restricted membergroup to DENY them access to POST
set all the other boards to use that profile
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

iLCapo

Thank you.  The 'Read Only' accomplished what I was after.  Sometimes the permissions and settings aren't very intuitive to the way my mind works.  In addition to the 'Groups allowed to access this board' checkboxes, it would be great if an additional set of permission checkboxes could be added to the Allowed Groups option that would let us set the groups allowed to post to each board. That way you could really customize who can post to each board.  Maybe this functionality is already available and I just can't figure out how to do it.  Thanks, again!

Allowed Groups:
Groups allowed to access this board[checkboxes]
Groups allowed to post to this board[checkboxes]

Arantor

No, it really wouldn't be great to work like that because of how complex it *really* is. You can't just have one set of tickboxes like you're envisaging, you need so many more.

You'd need: can start new topics, can reply to their own topics, can reply to anyone's topics, all of the above with or without moderation. And that's not even considering attachments or more complex things.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: