News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I would like to see moderator tags in default SMF

Started by Arskrigitsioniets, August 06, 2018, 06:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arskrigitsioniets

Tags who are available for moderators and administrators. It is useful for important messages (for example, "Stop flooding please" and etc).

Kindred

useful for whom?

I have been running many sites with SMF for over a decade now and have used the moderator tags mod on exactly one of them.

I think that this function belongs as a mod. After all, it's a total of three clicks to install it. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

As the author of said mod, I strongly disagree about it being core, not least because most communities don't need it or benefit from it.

GigaWatt

Agreed. I also use this mod, but I don't think it should be included in the default features.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Arantor

No, it's that he's talking about a mod that already exists but that he wants core, not that a mod doesn't exist for what he wants.

Advertisement: