News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

paid Subscriptions in SMF

Started by msab, August 13, 2018, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msab

i am new to SMF so maybe my question seems simple but actually i don't know how to do it ..my question is how to add  new membergroup based on paid Subscriptions?? and users can upgrade their membership..
ex:
group1->Free(automatically by registration)
group2->Member1
group3->Member2
group4->Member3

Arantor

A subscription gets configured to add an already existing membergroup to a user when they buy the subscription, and on confirmation of payment, it will automatically put that member into that group.

So you create a Paid group or whatever you want to call it, create a subscription that adds that group, and when people buy, it's just done for you.

Sir Osis of Liver

If PayPal implemented scheduled security upgrades in June (believe they did), you must be running in https for Paid Subs to work correctly.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

msab

Quote from: Arantor on August 13, 2018, 09:39:29 AM
A subscription gets configured to add an already existing membergroup to a user when they buy the subscription, and on confirmation of payment, it will automatically put that member into that group.

So you create a Paid group or whatever you want to call it, create a subscription that adds that group, and when people buy, it's just done for you.

thank you so much but how to assign the free membership for all users? the available Group Types don't contain this feature i think !!

Arantor

Everyone is already in a group - Regular Members - by default.

msab

when i add a new membergroup it appears under the regular groups table...how to make it appear in a new independent table ?
also when i finished all the steps nothing appear in the home or profile page about the paid subscription is it normal? or do you know why?

Sir Osis of Liver

There are only two types of membergroups, Regular groups and Post count based groups.  Any new group you create will be listed as a regular group.  Not to be confused with Regular Members, which is default membergroup, and is not listed as a separate group.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

msab

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 14, 2018, 03:06:35 AM
There are only two types of membergroups, Regular groups and Post count based groups.  Any new group you create will be listed as a regular group.  Not to be confused with Regular Members, which is default membergroup, and is not listed as a separate group.
thank you so so much for the clarification but also when i finished all the steps nothing appear in the home or profile page about the paid subscription is it normal? or do you know why?

Illori

have you enabled the paid subs feature under core features?

msab

Illori

then you create your groups, then create the paid sub to go with it. the users can pay/join from their profile.

msab

okay i did exactly what you told me and it works fine now but there is another problem in the database in smf_members table the id_group attribute values equal zeros except the admin value equal one and id_post_group values equal four so where is the new membergroup id's?? should i add some code to show it or what ??

Kindred

have you been editing your database directly?

If so - do not do that.

When you create a new group and make it subscribable, the user can join the group from their profile page. That's the place that the group(s) will show.   You can also use that page to find the specific links and create direct links in other places (like a menu or a list of possible subscriptions)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

msab

thank you so much everything works fine now ....and also i used this mod to assign the first level of membership automatically for every registered user
mod url: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1804

Kindred

I'm glad it works for you now.... although that mod was not actually necesarry, since all users default to the "regular members" group when they are not assigned to any other group --   which makes more sense than your option, IMO...  because when a user subscribes and gets into a paid group, but then lets the subscription expire -- you are going to want them to automatically fall back into the unpaid group -- which, based on the core code, will be the "regular members"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

msab

i installed this mod because i needed to change the primary member group from Newbie to free ...i wanted to make the free member group as the default member group

Arantor

Users are always in at least two groups, a primary group and a post count group. All you've done is change the default primary group...

Advertisement: