News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Default Sitemap Question

Started by brettuk, August 14, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettuk

Hi all,

I am having some sitemap.xml problems and to be quite honest, I have no idea what's going on. The sitemap is automatically updating itself and switching the links.

I have tried various sitemap tools, all of which I can't seem to get working, so, I resolved to creating my own /sitemap.xml file and uploading it to root. It was a standalone, static, one-time version of all the URL's on my site.

My 'new' sitemap file seems to be getting replaced with another file, and it does it regularly. I have ensured that all sitemap plugins have been turned off.

Then I can across this ...

What is this? Is this responsiblefor the sitemap.xml file in the root directory? If so, this is probably what's causing the issue, but then couldn't I just use this if it updates periodically?

Thanks.

Kindred

AFAIK, there is no "default" sitemap in SMF - which means that you are using a mod and should check with the mod author for specific support -- I know that the optimus Brave mod whjich does create a sitemap recently had an update.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

brettuk

Quote from: Kindred on August 14, 2018, 09:39:03 AM
AFAIK, there is no "default" sitemap in SMF - which means that you are using a mod and should check with the mod author for specific support -- I know that the optimus Brave mod whjich does create a sitemap recently had an update.

Ah, yes you're right, it looks as if it was running from the Optimus sitemap plugin I have.

All sorted now.. thanks.  :)

Advertisement: