How do I use SMF on my site?

Started by cenksever71, August 15, 2018, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cenksever71

hi friends are present in shuan nasList on my website installed WordPress content system and server shared hosting as well as forums as SMF downloads do my site slow down ?

Kindred

I'm sorry, your question is not clear.

There are many thigns that can slow a site down -- and many things that need to be taken into account when looking at why a site is slow.

WordPress - especially with a bunch of add-ons can be a resource hog.
SMF is normally good, but depends on a lot of things. Mods installed, traffic, server configuration, etc.

So, there's no single answer to what I think your question was... but, as I said, the actual question was not clear.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

also check the bottom of the page for "Page Created in nn.n seconds" to better define slow.

IME, SMF runs very well.

ask your host for more performance data and ask them  to help diagnose your slowness.

how many concurrent users ?

check your error logs so see if you are generating a lot of errors.

Mods installed ?

mods like SA Chat can affect performance.

did it ever run fast ? if so, what was the last thing you did before it slowed down ? etc.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: