News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.1 I can't upload themes lol

Started by Mick., August 16, 2018, 09:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Ok, this is prolly my dumbest comment I ever said. "I can't upload themes in 2.1"

My "themes" folder is at 755 out of the box. Everytime i try upload my custom theme, it comes back with an error. "An error occurred while installing the theme." Out of curiosity, i went to the theme site and theres about 4-5 themes available for 2.1 and picked one. Even them i cant upload with out the error.

Is this the correct xml structure?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<theme-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/theme-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<!-- For the id, always use something unique - put your name, a colon, and then the package name. -->
<id>mick:geek2</id>
<!-- The theme's version, please try to use semantic versioning. -->
<version>1.0</version>
<!-- Install for, the SMF versions this theme was designed for. Uses the same wildcards used in the packager manager. This field is mandatory. -->
<install for="2.1 - 2.1.99" />
<!-- Theme name, used purely for aesthetics. -->
<name>geek2</name>
<!-- Author: your email address or contact information. The name attribute is optional. -->
<author name="Mick">[email protected]</author>
<!-- Website... where to get updates and more information. -->
<website>https://www.idesignsmf.com/</website>
<!-- Template layers to use, defaults to "html,body". -->
<layers>html,body</layers>
<!-- Templates to load on startup. Default is "index". -->
<templates>index</templates>
<!-- Base this theme off another? Default is blank, or no. It could be "default". -->
<based-on></based-on>
</theme-info>

d3vcho

Are you using the latest version of SMF 2.1 from GitHub?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Mick.

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on August 16, 2018, 09:56:43 AM
Are you using the latest version of SMF 2.1 from GitHub?
No. The one here from the download site. I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1

d3vcho

As Kindred said here, SMF 2.1 Beta 3 is too way behind of the actual code of GitHub.

I recommend downloading it from here and to test the feature again.

Mick.

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on August 16, 2018, 10:01:33 AM
As Kindred said here, SMF 2.1 Beta 3 is too way behind of the actual code of GitHub.

I recommend downloading it from here and to test the feature again.
Oh..
alright, i'll rewrite the files and see what's up. I wanna start making custom themes for 2.1. That's the reason why i downloaded it.

d3vcho

The thing is that we released Beta 3 on May 24th of last year, and since then, 1470 commits have been pushed into the project. That's a lot of changes :)

Mick.

Quote from: d3vcho(void) on August 16, 2018, 10:04:33 AM
The thing is that we released Beta 3 on May 24th of last year, and since then, 1470 commits have been pushed into the project. That's a lot of changes :)
hahaha that's a lot...now, with changes being made so rapidly, maybe creating custom themes for 2.1 is not a good idea at the moment. I'd hate to update themes every time the team updates the package in the download section. Im sure there still template changes from time to time.

SychO

Quote from: Mick. on August 16, 2018, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: d3vcho(void) on August 16, 2018, 10:04:33 AM
hahaha that's a lot...now, with changes being made so rapidly, maybe creating custom themes for 2.1 is not a good idea at the moment. I'd hate to update themes every time the team updates the package in the download section. Im sure there still template changes from time to time.

That's exactly why I'm waiting for an official release
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Mick.

Advertisement: