News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Problem with Database...

Started by moyack, August 17, 2018, 11:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyack

Hi SMF Community:

I've been with an issue after a resinstallof my forum with a fresh SMF 2.0.15 installation. I did this: I did a backup of the files, the database and then I've deleted the files to make a fresh install. I edited setttings.php and I set the database data to the old database. Everything worked fine thus far.

Then I've noticed that some posts are not showing its content, then I've tried to edit them (or at least reestablish the content) and it shows this error:

QuoteDuplicate entry '4479653-40322' for key 1
File: /home/content/16/6058216/html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2573

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

How can it be a duplicate entry? I've searched in the database and it seems there's nothing wrong. Attached images.

Thanks in advance for your support :)

Chen Zhen

Did you try the default utilities available in forum maintenance?

Try these 2 maintenance functions:

• Find and repair any errors
  • Recount all forum totals and statistics

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Arantor

It's not a duplicate in the messages table, it's a duplicate in the search backend where it's matching word to post judging by the ids vs what posts you seem to have.

What search backend are you using?

moyack

Quote from: Chen Zhen on August 17, 2018, 11:34:33 PM

Did you try the default utilities available in forum maintenance?

Try these 2 maintenance functions:

• Find and repair any errors
  • Recount all forum totals and statistics
Tried and the issue still persist.

Quote from: Arantor on August 18, 2018, 04:44:18 AM
It's not a duplicate in the messages table, it's a duplicate in the search backend where it's matching word to post judging by the ids vs what posts you seem to have.

What search backend are you using?
It's not a search, is a normal view of a topic. More images to show (please scroll the images):

In this screenshot you can see the message 41115 that has information

Here's the topic with the first post being the message 41115 but it doesn't show anything

Arantor

Except that's not what your error actually shows. Your error shows an error during posting, whereupon the search index tables get updated. Given that it talks about an id over 400000 and none of your messages or your topics have ids that high, it can only be attached to the search index that gets updated when a post is made.

And fixing that relies on me knowing which search index you're using and therefore whether it's safe to empty out the relevant tables so you don't get more duplicate errors.

Advertisement: