DB edit of a member name to a new name ?

Started by aegersz, August 18, 2018, 01:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

i have shutdown my test/dev system and rather than going through phpMyAdmin, i ask:

it is ok to change a member's name directly ? not the displayed name.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Mick.

You can't do that from the member's profile?

aegersz

I can't as username is not an editable field.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Mick.

Quote from: aegersz on August 18, 2018, 01:31:00 AM
I can't as username is not an editable field.
um, go to profile--->modify profile--->account settings

aegersz

... hit "change".

all fixed, thanks for helping out.

i never noticed that option before.

Arantor

NO. Don't just change the username like that, now your account can't log in.

Username can be changed in the user interface, there's a little button under where it says username where it will change the username for you - and deal with changing a member's password.

aegersz

sorry Arantor but i have already reset his password and emailed him.

this is the LAST time i will do this for somebody as they are a little too paranoid, IMO.

i get all sorts  ::)

Advertisement: