News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Admin not receiving pending registration notices

Started by keyrocks, August 23, 2018, 12:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

An account awaiting approval is not listed in Members (from main menu), but is listed in Admin -> Members.  It is listed in _members table, with is_activated = 3.  Is that what you're seeing?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

keyrocks

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 26, 2018, 11:36:42 PM
An account awaiting approval is not listed in Members (from main menu), but is listed in Admin -> Members.  It is listed in _members table, with is_activated = 3.  Is that what you're seeing?

It wasn't listed in Admin > Members either, due to the active site-wide theme not having script in place to display it there.
So I've added a mod to the theme's BoardIndex.template.php file to display Admin messages at the top of the Board categories page as seen when on the site's home page ... so the Admins will see any admin-related messages in it - prominently - when they are on the home page.

// ADMIN MESSAGES MOD ADDED HERE - August 26/18 (keyrocks)
        if ($context['user']['is_admin']) {
// Title Bar
echo '<tbody class="header">
<tr>
<td colspan="4">
<div class="cat_bar"><h3 class="catbg">';
                        echo 'Important Admin Messages!';
echo '</h3></div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>';
// When the Admin is logged in, show his/her avatar followed by important messages
echo '<tr class="boardbg">';
        // Admin Avatar
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']))
echo '<td class="avatar">', $context['user']['avatar']['image'], '</td>';
echo '<td  colspan="4" class="info"><br />';
// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
if ($context['in_maintenance'])
echo '<h3>', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</h3>';
// List registrants waiting for approval, if any are pending
if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
echo '<h3>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</h3>';
// If there are Moderation reports, show them
if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
echo '<h3><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></h3>';
echo '<br />';
echo '</td></tr>';
}
// ------------ END of MOD

This works for now but doesn't solve the problem if admins not getting email notifications when new registrants are pending admin approval.

Sir Osis of Liver

Notification emails failing has nothing to do with themes.  Running any mods?

- R. Waters

keyrocks

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 27, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Notification emails failing has nothing to do with themes.  Running any mods?

I am aware of that. No mods other than the one I noted above so I can see Admin messages at the top of the home page above the first Board category.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

keyrocks

Sir Osis of Liver

Assuming you tried disabling it to no effect, I'd be inclined to do a clean test install in another directory, scratch database, see if you receive notifications from there. 

- R. Waters

Illori

maybe you need to modify the email that is being sent. i believe it is located in EmailTemplates.english.php. it is possible that your email provider sees it as spam and deletes it before it even gets to your mailbox.

Advertisement: