News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error on UTF-8 convertion

Started by Portugal, August 23, 2018, 12:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portugal

Hi all,

I try to migrate my db to UTF-8 characteres, my forum its in Portuguese language. After ive started the process, it gives some errors, wi will try to fix, but now ive this erros, anda i cant to solve.
QuoteColumn 'subject' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index
Ficheiro: /var/www/vhosts/yyyyyyyy.com/httpdocs/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Linha: 666

Now ive some strange characters on my forum, except on simpleportal.

QuoteSobre nÃÆ'Įââ,¬â,,¢ÃƒÆ'ââ,¬Â ’ÃÆ'ƒâ€Ã, ÃÆ'Ã,¢Ã¢ââ

Any idea how to solve this is welcome.

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

Looks like a collation issue for the first part of it. Did a google search you can change collation in phpmyadmin your entire forum should match
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/653076/mysql-error-column-columnname-cannot-be-part-of-fulltext-index
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Illori

you cant convert to utf-8 will the fulltext index in place. you need to remove the search index in the admin panel convert to utf-8 and then create the index again.

Veee

Hope you have done a backup of your forum. I've had that issue for years on my forum, can't convert into utf-8 and most plugins don't work well because my forum isn't in utf-8. When I have words with accentuation I get weird characters... :( It's also in portuguese...  Though I never got that error that you got, just the characters issue when converting.

I hope you have better luck than me. :)

Portugal

Hi,

Isnt that the problem. Firts starts to db version (2.0.9), now give another error relationated with the size, i will go to move to another hosting try to convert and back again to this actual hosting (AWS hosting VPS oncloud).

Quote from: Illori on August 23, 2018, 02:30:26 PM
you cant convert to utf-8 will the fulltext index in place. you need to remove the search index in the admin panel convert to utf-8 and then create the index again.

Portugal

Maybe... i will try to solve...soon i will back with news about it.

Thanks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 23, 2018, 02:19:58 PM
Looks like a collation issue for the first part of it. Did a google search you can change collation in phpmyadmin your entire forum should match
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/653076/mysql-error-column-columnname-cannot-be-part-of-fulltext-index

Looking

I have done several conversions in Swedish, it can be a nightmare and sometimes the conversion stops on some odd character that you have to fix manually in the DB to continue. If the DB is very large ensure you have lots of memory available.

Portugal

Thanks for your sugestion, i will go to try as you refer, maybe its the only way to fix this. For luck, that database inst big for now :)

Thanks in advance

Quote from: Looking on November 15, 2018, 05:00:38 AM
I have done several conversions in Swedish, it can be a nightmare and sometimes the conversion stops on some odd character that you have to fix manually in the DB to continue. If the DB is very large ensure you have lots of memory available.

Advertisement: