upgrade stuck at beginning 1.1.21 to 2.0.15

Started by kb5won, August 23, 2018, 05:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Hmmm... then edit Settings.php directly to add the dbtype
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kb5won

I went through a series of things that seemed to make things worse.  So I restored my database from a backup, deleted all the files in my HTML folder and restored them as well. 

I manually edited the Settings.php file, added
$db_type = 'MySQL';
$queryless_urls = 0;
so I get no errors now when running repair_settings.php

then I run the 2.0.15 upgrader.  I get error about a theme (I think?).  see attachment.

I restored again, then logged in to SFM as admin, removed all the theme options, set all users to core theme and tried upgrade again.  I got the same result.

kb5won

I fixed the problem with the theme error by deleting 6 records in the smf_themes table that were pointing to a directory that doesn't exist.  I think this was from years ago when my webhost moved my files to a different directory. 

Now I'm back to the original problem --- stuck at the beginning of the upgrade process.   (see screenshot) 

possible related errors in server logs:
/public_html/northtexasvegetablegardeners/forum/index.php
[Thu Aug 23 22:38:19 2018] [error] [client 157.55.39.145] File does not exist:

/public_html/northtexasvegetablegardeners/forum/Sources/error_log:
[31-May-2017 02:35:24 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_sqlite: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP    compiled with module API=20100525
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
[31-May-2017 02:35:24 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so' - /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so: undefined symbol: pdo_handle_error in Unknown on line 0
[19-Jun-2017 02:52:26 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0

/public_html/northtexasvegetablegardeners/forum/error_log:
[13-Apr-2018 08:25:00 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_sqlite: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 08:25:00 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so' - /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/pdo_pgsql.so: undefined symbol: pdo_handle_error in Unknown on line 0
[13-Apr-2018 08:28:31 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
in Unknown on line 0

Sir Osis of Liver

Not on my computer, but if you can go here, register with same username, I'll set up a board for you tomorrow and you can attach your phpmyadmin db backup  I'll see if it will upgrade on my server.  Had to do this for a couple of GoDaddy forums, upgrade just wouldn't run on GD.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

i would suggest that you reach out to your host. you should not have those errors. your host should fix them, which may or may not correct the issue you are having.

Kindred

yup....   the first issue was due to the fact that the dbtype was not defined, so it hung.

the second issue seems to have been because you had the leftover themes (sounds like you deleted the directories without ever deleting the theme in the smf admin, maybe)

the third and latest errors shows a missing index.php
Quote/public_html/northtexasvegetablegardeners/forum/index.php

You can/should delete all those  error.log files now, though....   they are all old, except for the first one.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kb5won

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 24, 2018, 01:50:46 AM
but if you can go here [nofollow], register with same username, I'll set up a board for you tomorrow and you can attach your phpmyadmin db backup  I'll see if it will upgrade on my server.
done.

I'm using bluehost, in case that sets off any flags to you

kb5won

Quote from: Illori on August 24, 2018, 05:10:15 AM
i would suggest that you reach out to your host. you should not have those errors. your host should fix them, which may or may not correct the issue you are having.
I just tried.  They don't want to fix them.  Say they will not cause any issue.

kb5won

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2018, 07:20:42 AM
yup....   the first issue was due to the fact that the dbtype was not defined, so it hung.

the second issue seems to have been because you had the leftover themes (sounds like you deleted the directories without ever deleting the theme in the smf admin, maybe)

the third and latest errors shows a missing index.php
Quote/public_html/northtexasvegetablegardeners/forum/index.php

You can/should delete all those  error.log files now, though....   they are all old, except for the first one.
Maybe something changed the time I had that error, but now that I check the index.php file is there. 

kb5won

update:  Krash was able to manually convert my database to solve the problem.

Advertisement: