News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Session Verification Failed=cannot enter forum

Started by iaccountant, August 24, 2018, 12:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

You're using default Curve, nothing in Core theme is relevant.  The login code may be in the index template, but it's not being executed.  There's no header login on your forum.  Logout here and you'll see the login upper left, that's what that code block does.  Your forum is broken, you should upload a clean set of files.

Hmm, just thought of this.  Look in Admin -> Features and Options -> Layout, is 'Show a quick login on every page' checked?  If not, try checking it and see if header login works.

Default cookie settings in Admin -> Cookies and Sessions have 'Enable local storage of cookies' and 'Use subdomain independent cookies' unchecked.  _settings table in database should include 'localCookies' and 'globalCookies' set to '0'.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

iaccountant

How could it have broken? I did nothing to change anything, my host believes they have checked everything---but it is happening to both forums at the same time...how could both have broken inj the same way at the same time??

Also, I do get a log in box on the index page...cannot get in to verify there is none inside the forum at top

iaccountant

AND in my database, I DO NOT have a local cookies option...it is missing from the database.....

How do I get it back in? Can I just create one and duplicate the one in the other install????

Sir Osis of Liver

Most likely reason two forums broke in same way at same time is that your host changed something.  You can add missing field to _settings table, copy all parameters from complete table and set value to '0'.

I'm seeing login window, but not header login.  Did you check admin settings to see if it's disabled?

Not on my computer tonight, be back on tomorrow.  If you can pm cpanel access (url/user/pw) I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

iaccountant

I don't think I've ever had another login window on the index page at least....to be honest can't remember if one shows on every page once inside the forum....

Sending log in details

One or two things to do first....

iaccountant

I renewed my charter member status...

Will now send off log in details

iaccountant

OK also added variable to the datebase settings... localCookies set at 0

Did get some kind of red warning...but I had no clue...in any event, it now shows up in the DB settings with the right value.

Also subsequently did run DB check and repair...no issues found

Forums btw are
www.taxboard.ca
www.strategicarchives.ca

both will show up in Cpanel file manager...only sites with a forum now

Sir Osis of Liver

This is a server issue.  I have a clean install running with new database at http://www.taxboard.ca/forumtest/, same problem.  Either get session verification fail or 500 error.  CPU usage is currently 99/100%.  Something is eating the account.  Still looking.

Your host is currently limiting cpu usage for your account, I'm surprised they haven't suspended it.  CPU usage is running at 100%.  If you look at resource usage, the only other thing that's running high is cpu faults.  Don't see anything in the forums that doesn't belong.  There's a 19mb errorlog in taxboard.ca/forum, but only one error since mid July.  No server errors are being logged on test install.  You have a dozen domains in this account, problem could be anywhere, but don't think it's anything to do with the forums.  Other sites seem to be running normally.

This is something your host must diagnose and fix, don't know why they're giving you a runaround.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Here you go, whatever changed happened 23 Aug -

- R. Waters

Sudhakar Arjunan

I had the same issue , so fixed it by clicking on repair setting and switched off database driven .

So it allowed me to login to my admin account.

Is that the correct way of doing ? Because repair setting shows database driven is on ( recommended ) but i can login only after i click off ( non recommended ) to avoid this issue - Session Verification Failed
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Advertisement: