Re: Session Verification Failed=cannot enter forum

Started by Julia Truchsess, August 28, 2018, 10:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia Truchsess

I'm having a similar problem - I can't log into my own forum. When I enter my credentials I get

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message."

I haven't log in for some time so I have no idea when this first started.

Kindred

Next time, please start your own thread, especially since you are receiving a different error form the original poster.

Topic split.

What version of SMF?
what is the URL of your site?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julia Truchsess

SMF 2.0.15

hxxp:www.z-temp.co/forum [nonactive]

The error I received was mentioned in the original thread, and I thought it was the same issue, sorry.

Thanks,
Julia

Edit: sorry, can't get the link tag to work here

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you changed anything recently (theme, mods, etc.)?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Julia Truchsess

No, I haven't even logged in during the past few months.

Illori

Julia Truchsess

My theme does not have any of the files mentioned: index.template.php, boardindex.template.php or login.template.php. It does have index.php, of course.

The forum has worked for me for years and I don't think I've done any manual upgrades to SMF; maybe an upgrade was pushed? Why else would it suddenly stop working? All my board icons disappeared a year or two ago, again without my having taken an action, but login continued to work. Users are logging in successfully because I can see new messages posted.

Illori

your theme has to have index.template.php or it would not function at all. double check it.

Julia Truchsess

Ah, it's in the Theme directory, I was looking in the site root.

Anyway, I did the patch and it worked, woohoo! Thanks all for the help!

:D

Advertisement: