News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What Youtube MOD to Use?

Started by njtweb, August 29, 2018, 01:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Still the same. But thanks anyways.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

SychO

Quote from: skb on September 01, 2018, 05:39:21 AM

That's cause you didn't add the code, since I don't see it anywhere
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

lurkalot

Quote from: SychO on September 01, 2018, 05:47:12 AM

I think there's still another issue though, just viewing forum posts in mobile view the text is being cut off on the right hand side. And that's without any YT vid in the posts.

SychO

Quote from: lurkalot on September 01, 2018, 06:17:12 AM

I think there's still another issue though, just viewing forum posts in mobile view the text is being cut off on the right hand side. And that's without any YT vid in the posts.

Yea I did notice that and added a fix for him in the code I provided,
looks he gave up though
Checkout My Themes:
-

njtweb

He's got the same issue I did. I forget which post but I believe wildborch or Tino fixed it, but that's at your site Mick.

1st step, if you're using O'Hara youtube embed you need to get rid of it and install simple audio video embedder. My main problem was O'hara and Tinyportal don't play nice together. The youtube video on the TP front page is the biggest problem and it's definitely O'Hara. I went to a topic and it looks responsive there.

skb

Quote from: SychO on September 01, 2018, 06:21:22 AM
looks he gave up though

I added the code at the very end of index.css. I've attached the file here.

Still I think there's still another issue though, just viewing forum posts in mobile view the text is being cut off on the right hand side. And that's without any YT vid in the posts.

Mick, I'm not sure but I think that started after TP 1.5

The ideal solution for the issue at hand, would be an auto-collapse of the right panel when a video file is being played. But, that is a TP (not SMF) issue. I did take it up at TP some time ago.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

lurkalot

Quote from: skb on September 01, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

The ideal solution for the issue at hand, would be an auto-collapse of the right panel when a video file is being played. But, that is a TP (not SMF) issue. I did take it up at TP some time ago.

Yep, just found that topic https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=36032.0

Were you just adding the url of the video as you should have been, and let the embed mod your using do all the work.  Or are you adding the iframe embed code supplied by youtube in your post?

What I'm curious about is why your post content is getting cut off to the right,  even when there is no iframe or video in the post.

lurkalot

I just set up a similar layout on one of my test sites, and added a video to the post just using Ohara YouTube Embed.  Does the same thing happen there for you? http://cctestsite.info/testsite2/index.php/topic,17.0.html

SychO

Quote from: skb on September 01, 2018, 11:06:07 PM
Quote from: SychO on September 01, 2018, 06:21:22 AM
looks he gave up though

I added the code at the very end of index.css. I've attached the file here.

Still I think there's still another issue though, just viewing forum posts in mobile view the text is being cut off on the right hand side. And that's without any YT vid in the posts.

No matter how many times I try to look at the file on your site, the changes just aren't there, it's not a cache issue, the changes just aren't there, I wonder if you're putting it in the right index.css (the one you have to edit is the default theme's)

in any case, instead of adding it to the css file, try adding the code in index.template.php before the closing tag </head>

<style>iframe, embed, object {
    max-width: 100%;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 720px) {
    .postarea, .moderatorbar {
        padding: 0;
    }
    ins {
width: 100% !important;
}
}</style>

If after adding there still no changes show up, than you're definitely editing the wrong files
Checkout My Themes:
-

skb

Quote from: lurkalot on September 02, 2018, 04:49:50 AM
I just set up a similar layout on one of my test sites, and added a video to the post just using Ohara YouTube Embed.  Does the same thing happen there for you? http://cctestsite.info/testsite2/index.php/topic,17.0.html

No. But then, I don't use Ohara. I'm using SAVE.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

skb

Quote from: SychO on September 02, 2018, 11:02:51 AM
No matter how many times I try to look at the file on your site, the changes just aren't there, it's not a cache issue, the changes just aren't there, I wonder if you're putting it in the right index.css (the one you have to edit is the default theme's)

If after adding there still no changes show up, than you're definitely editing the wrong files

Yes, I'm adding the code to Themes/default/css/Index.css I attached the file to my last post.
Will try the changes suggested to Index.template

Thank you for all the efforts that you are making. Much appreciated.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

skb

Hello SychO,

The changes to index.template did the trick.
Just 1 observation though. Before playing the YT video, the aspect ratio seems skewed. When the video is played, black borders are added to the top and bottom and the aspect ratio is just fine. See the attachments.
It's good enough for me.
Thank you for all your support.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

SychO

Quote from: skb on September 02, 2018, 11:25:57 PM
Hello SychO,

Just 1 observation though. Before playing the YT video, the aspect ratio seems skewed. When the video is played, black borders are added to the top and bottom and the aspect ratio is just fine. See the attachments.
It's good enough for me.

I guess that's how youtube handles the thumbnail on small view
glad you got it working though
Checkout My Themes:
-

njtweb

Quote from: skb on September 02, 2018, 11:25:57 PM
Hello SychO,

It's good enough for me.

It's HD, the black lines are called Letterbox. You can't do anything about them.

Advertisement: